My wine making set-up

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PogoBlends

Junior
Reaction score
20100603_142111_IMG_0282.JPG

1.Skeeter Pee
2.Cranberry/Pomegranate
3.Blueberry Skeeter Pee
4.Welchs

Looking good and welcome to the forums!
smiley20.gif

Must be Summer time as a lot of people have a lot of skeeters around the house these days it seems!

Welcome Pogp, that Pee is really making its rounds, I have not made any as of yet but i do have a label designed for it already. Glad to have you board.

Thanks Guys your all a big help and great people. Love this new hobby and don't think I will ever give it up...I got the bug... lol

I didn't know this "Skeeter Pee" was so addicting, I shall investigate this matter further.
Nice set up - keep those in the carboys so you don't get tempted to drink them ;).

ok...welcome..and secondly...i have no idea what this skeeter stuff is....even when i think of looking it up something or someone interrupts me.....what the heck is it?

Al Fulchino said:
ok...welcome..and secondly...i have no idea what this skeeter stuff is....even when i think of looking it up something or someone interrupts me.....what the heck is it?

Father Al, this is something we drink when we break bread (cigars) in the summer. Basically it is a hard lemon aid but instead of 5% its 10-11%abv. you can get the recipe here www.skeeterpee.com

holy moly my son....thanks .... i just looked at the recipe from the link you provided.....thanks for saving me some time...say two Our Father's and bring me a bottle if you ever come by////that looks like a good drink!

Hey no kidding, can you imagine a Nun pulling me out of confession by my ear when I was a kid! Back in the day when you kneeled in the confessional a red light would come on outside of it showing it was occupied. I thought it was cool to keep getting on and off the kneeler to make it blink. The Nuns had little humor. Penance was a bitch that day.
smiley29.gif

Ahh Catholicism.............

Nothing more damaging to a young lad growing up. I should know.

Looks like a good drink, just looks like a challenge to get fermenting. I'll stick with the hard lemonade for now. But as Fr. Al says send me a bottle and I'll be good to go with that.

I like it, looks alot like what I set up only its not in the basement....only cuz I don't have one....wish I did. It's hard to eek out enough room.

Short term plans is to add a laundry size sink and make some wine racks... Long term....

Maybe I'll have to excavate someday.

Latest posts

Back