My labeling jig

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket man

Reaction score
Well, I finally got tired of trying to line up my labels by eye so I made myself a jig to line them up for me. It even matches my bottle filler that I made earlier. That can be seen on this thread http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11023

labeljig001.jpg
[/IMG]

labeljig003.jpg
[/IMG]

I have 3 different jigs for the different size bottles. I was even able to use the space on the bottom to store them.

labeljig004.jpg
[/IMG]

labeljig005.jpg
[/IMG]

labeljig006.jpg
[/IMG]

Here it is with my jalapeno wine.

labeljig002.jpg
[/IMG]

labeljig008.jpg
[/IMG]

labeljig007.jpg
[/IMG]

So far it's working out pretty good.

My friend (as Wade say) you have some mighty fine wood working skills! That is absolutly beautiful. And the trap door in the back is cool as all git out. :try

Thank you for sharing that.

Thanks all for the complements. I enjoy making small stuff like this for myself when I get a little bit of time (which isn't all that often). Thanks for the complement on the label runningwolf. I found the picture and my wife came up with the rest of the label. That stuff sure was HOT!!!!!! We tried it as a marinade this weekend and it was pretty good.

Great woodworking there! I like the details on the counters too. Did you do them?

Is woodworking a hobby or something you do to support the wine habit?

And the trap door in the back is cool as all git out. :try

Thank you for sharing that.

That was actually an after thought. After it was all put together I was trying to figure out how to keep everything together and I put the jigs inside and they fit perfect. So then I just put a door on it.

Great woodworking there! I like the details on the counters too. Did you do them?

Is woodworking a hobby or something you do to support the wine habit?

Yes I did the counter edges too, and the whole kitchen as a matter of fact. I have my own cabinet making business, plus another full time job. Woodworking is also my hobby, I've always had an interest in it. The woodworking does also help pay for the wine habit:D

that is fantastic and I agree as well, the label is one of the funnest that I have seen. If you do decide to mass produce let me know.

that is fantastic and I agree as well, the label is one of the funnest that I have seen. If you do decide to mass produce let me know.

Yes I am quoting myself....FUNNEST isn't a word idiot. "most fun" would have been a better fit. My 7th grade english teacher would be kicking my a$$ right now

Awesome job all the way around!

You don't actually have the equipment to bottle with Stelvin closures though do you! :>

Awesome job all the way around!

You don't actually have the equipment to bottle with Stelvin closures though do you! :>

Okay, that one I had to look up. I have never heard the term "Stelvin" before. I've used plenty of screw caps but I didn't know Stelvin was the proper name. Hey I learnded somtin new today :) Oh, and by the way, no I don't have the equipment to bottle with Stelvin closures, maybe that's somthing I should look into. :D

Back