Look What You All Made Me Do!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShaunDanz

Reaction score
It's been 2 years and 3 months since I found this website and started making wine. To date I have made 1680 bottles of wine. Having all that wine led to a problem with where to store it all. Two months ago I finished building my wine cellar. It holds about 750 bottles and 22 six gallon carboys.

Here is a picture of the wine cellar just after I finished it two months ago.
20140412_093120_zps0955e68f.jpg

I have motion sensitive lights in the room that make hunting for a bottle a lot easier.
IMG_20140517_163438_zps3203f05e.jpg

7th grade math problem:
Shaun made 1680 bottles of wine and has 750 bottles left in storage. Given 2 years and three months time, how many bottles has Shaun drunk per month?

Just kidding, Shaun, as I know most of us give away as many, or more, bottles than we consume ourselves and I assume you do likewise. That is one beautiful set-up you have there.

BTW the answer is 34.4 bottles/month. About right, I'd say.

Shaun, that is really amazing. Very impressive all ways around. I really like the lower level for big carboys too. That's rarely mixed in with bottles. Also the white and reds on separate sides, including the bulk aging carboys. Helps you know immediately if you are getting low in any variety.

Really really nice work. we are all jealous.

pam in cinti

Wuggs, I flunked math, but am good at problem solving. I am now moving 1680 bottles into the guest room. I'll start drinking, when I hit 750 I'll.... um, I don't know what I'll do. But I'll lots of fun getting there!!!

Pam in cinti

Shaun, you are a real craftsman. The cellar is absolutely beautiful. It makes me wonder with so many of us building wine cellars, how much if any does it increase the value of your home. By all means if nothing else, the WOW factor will help entice a sale.

That's beautiful! You did all the woodwork? I am very jealous. My wine cellar is a few wine racks added to a bookshelf in the office.

Amazing! Is the room temperature and humidity controlled ? Again it is beautiful!

Latest posts

Back