LIQUOR KITS

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Jobe...It was Hazelnut Brandy and it smelled wonderful...didn't taste as strong as the smell. [I corrected my Post above]

Glad you pointed that out before I made up the labels....when I smelled the bottle of flavoring I thought of Almond extract that I use in desserts.

Both of my boxes said to add 4 cups [2# 4oz] of sugar and stir till desolved....right before bottling....It sure made it sweet and sticky.

The Amaretto might have more flavor...They don't seem strong in alcohol tho...or....??? Is that why I called it Almond???
smiley29.gif

OOOooooooops....................

I need to recheck mine then, I didn't add any sugar at the finish. 2# 4oz would seem like a lot of sugar for 1 gallon wouldn't ya think? Or is that why mine taste funny?

That amount of sugar sounds right. It does use a lot of sugar and makes it pretty syrupy. The glycerin I substitute Karo syrup and it adds lots of viscosity. They all are great in coffee and hot chocolate.

On the rocks will be nice...Maybe in the blender with ice cream...

YesJobe...they did call for 4 cups sugar...I thought it was a lot too...It made them sweet and sticky....Good thing you didn't bottle yet. Add the sugar and re-taste...think you'll like it better.

Back