Last glass

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmsben61

House Swine
Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone! What's the last wine you'll be drinking before the stroke of midnight? I'll be having a Pinot Noir I bottled about a year ago:db

What ever is in my glass!!!! Depends on how my day goes (working a full day [emoji19])

I'll be in bed long before the stroke of midnight, I'm sure. But prior to that, we're going out to dinner, so I'll be drinking something from the wine list. No idea what it'll be, but I can assure you it will be big, bold and red to go with my steak dinner.

I am with Jimmy and Jim.
I am working a full day, going home to watch my beloved Sooners(hopefully not choke) then some dinner and homemade wine. Will probably be either t'ej or cranberry/lime, nothing too big and bad. That will come Saturday night.
And I will be in bed long before midnight.

I have alot of wine in bottles but nothing aged enough to warrent being a really a end of the year sipper. I will probably pick up a nice bottle of port to sip on throughout the night.

Like Jim we will probably be in bad by midnight. But we are going out to eat, depending where we go. If we go the local restaurant, I will probably be drinking craft beer! Starting with Lancaster Milk Stout!

We always fondue (steak, chicken, veggies, etc in court bullion) at home with friends on New Years Eve. I will be opening a RQ Shiraz/Viognier and a Showcase Amarone. My last glass for the evening will depend on what is left. Looking forward to it.

main-qimg-975df1ea307c986891a9083de0cedaeb

Like Jim we will probably be in bad by midnight.......

Burgers and dogs and homemade champagne from a Sauvingon Blanc base. Got up at 4:45 am and worked a full day, so I doubt I'll be upright by midnight. Wifey has to get up early (4 am) and work tomorrow, sigh.

We are bringing a 2004 Zinfandel Port - I am not sure if I can wait - to open it !!

Happy New Year Everyone !!

Last glass of 2015? A cheap-ass Robert Mondavi Merlot that was actually not bad.
First glass of 2016? A cheap-ass glass of "Champagne" mixed with pink "lemoncello" liqueur.

Please note that I was not in control of what I was drinking!

Happy New Year!

:hny:hny2:pty:f2:f1

Last edited:
Last glass was my very first batch of "hurry up I'm a newbie" wine. First glass was some crud the party here at the Ramada served, quickly followed by a glass of "hurry up I'm a newbie" wine!! Lol

My last glass was my cherry wine. The glass before that was my pineapple chardonnay.

Mine ended up being a 2012 Sanctuary Cabernet Sauvignon. Very nice wine.

My last glass of wine yesterday was a Tangley Oaks pinot noir at a jazz club I went to with the wifey. We went to the early show was home by 10:15 in bed by 10:45. Bakervinyard

My last glass of wine was the last of the bottle of CC amarone. Last glass of beer was an Amstel light. Both less than exciting. My first this year (of the nightly drinks) were my aging wine kits. None stood out as exciting. Wish I had gone to the liquor store. Hmm maybe summit time

Happy new year all!!!!

None stood out as exciting.

Wish I could beam you over a Diablo Rojo...remember that kit you guys got me to add the spring skins to? It definitely needs more aging but is very mouth filling and with the added sawdust is very satisfying. And this is coming from a person fighting a cold the last few days!

A shout out to Zicam, the stuff really helps if you use it early enough with your cold.

Latest posts

Back