Just joining this forum

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArdenS

Reaction score
Saw the link to this forum on the FVW forum and thought I see what's happening over hear. Have been enjoying the other forum for some time, and look forward to this one. :b

Welcome don't be bashful tell what you have made so far

Hi Arden! Welcome to the dark side. LOL

He wasn't kidding... LOL! I just joined the other! And it's way more.... um....well there's....um... People behave better over there! Yep, that's what I meant.... lol!

if you misbehave on this forum they send you to the corner with a bottle of medication and you don't come out until you have taken all your medication

Arden welcome to this forum. Now as a Mod I need to see where you consulted your Dr before joining this forum. It's just like joining a serious gym. This forum will take a toll on your heart and you have to be ready for the ride. If you happen to go in the chat room please wipe your shoes first.

Hi Arden. With a lot of helpful folks and great resources here I think you will enjoy this site. Feel free to roam the home page for everything, search or ask if you have any questions.

Thanks for the welcome, all. jtstar, you asked what I've done so far. I'm a relative newcomer to winemaking. Using kits, I've done amarone, Castel del Papa, brunello, malbec (I'm partial to reds - heart medicine). Playing around with 1-gallon batches, I've done apple & strawberry/rhubarb wines. Am playing around with meads right now with cyser, dandelion, and a metheglin using bamboo honey. I also have some honey with a peach aftertaste that I plan to use with some peaches off our tree when they get ripe, and I have some blackberries awaiting my attention.

Thanks for the welcome, all. jtstar, you asked what I've done so far. I'm a relative newcomer to winemaking. Using kits, I've done amarone, Castel del Papa, brunello, malbec (I'm partial to reds - heart medicine). Playing around with 1-gallon batches, I've done apple & strawberry/rhubarb wines. Am playing around with meads right now with cyser, dandelion, and a metheglin using bamboo honey. I also have some honey with a peach aftertaste that I plan to use with some peaches off our tree when they get ripe, and I have some blackberries awaiting my attention.

Someone fill me in... what is this one?

I used bamboo honey (from The Bee Folks) as the basis for making the mead. Then, because I incorporated rose hips, lemon verbena, orange peel, and cardamom, I would classify it as a metheglin, a sub-type of mead. I admit that the world of mead making, like wine and beer making, has its own set of terms. This is one hobby that rapidly increases one's vocabulary. It also makes me sound smart when I'm talking with my wife, who kindly nods her head and says, "That's nice, dear."

Hmmm... that sounds good. I haven't made mead yet, so I don't know all those sub-catagories... LOL!

Hmmm... that sounds good. I haven't made mead yet, so I don't know all those sub-catagories... LOL!

metheglin is a mead with spices added to it; Melomel is a mead with fruit added to it; Morat - mulberries added to it; Pyment - grapes added. Cyser - with fruit and cider, like apples and apple cider, cherries and cherry cider, pears and pear cider. Braggot - mead with a malt added to it.

I believe there is a lot more but these ones I know

metheglin is a mead with spices added to it; Melomel is a mead with fruit added to it; Morat - mulberries added to it; Pyment - grapes added. Cyser - with fruit and cider, like apples and apple cider, cherries and cherry cider, pears and pear cider. Braggot - mead with a malt added to it.

I believe there is a lot more but these ones I know

LOL! I knew melomel and cyser... Thank's for the clarification hon! :D

welcome to where "most" of us mods are OBSESSED !!

Watch out.....:tz :db

Back