Jalapeno Pepper Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I filtered the Jalapeno Pepper wine and bottled it this evening. It looks great if I do say so myself. Can't wait to try a little later on. I ended up with 19 375 ml bottles from my 2 gallon batch.

Hey I got your text, love the labels and I see you are drinking it :)

I will post the pictures, I need to take one with a regular camera rather than the crappy camera on the phone. I'll take a picture tonight with a sample glass again today.

The taste of the pepper wine is superb if you can describe pepper wine as superb. Initial taste as wine hits your tounge is sweet with a hint of grapes, as the wine moves towards the back of you toungue the heat intensifies to a moderate spiciness. I'm quite happy.

As for the label, here's what we chose. Plain and simple.

Jalapeno Pepper copy.jpg

I think if I venture out to Giant Eagle today or this weekend I'll be picking up more juice. Looking forward to getting another batch of this going. I think I'll add a couple hot banana peppers to this batch and see if there is any change in taste.

Doug I am also thinking of doing another batch. Everyone that I have given some to either love it or just laugh. I still have a boat load of Jalapeno's frozen and I think after Christmas I'll start another batch when I have a few carboys free.

Doug I am also thinking of doing another batch. Everyone that I have given some to either love it or just laugh. I still have a boat load of Jalapeno's frozen and I think after Christmas I'll start another batch when I have a few carboys free.

I think I have 2 bags of 24 in the freezer and a large bag of the Hot banana peppers we bought at Janoski's Farm market. May improvise and go for a 3 gallon batch.

I think after Christmas I'll start another batch when I have a few carboys free.

If you don't quit going to Walker's you won't have any carboys free.

I had to order more airlocks and chemicals off of George. I'm going to have to start ordering this stuff by the gross.

Well I had made two different one gallon batches. One batch had 5 habernaros in white grape juice and the other one had 5 medium banana peppers in a raspberry wine. My brother stopped down last night so naturally we had to taste. The 5 habernaro was hotter than last year's 30 cayenne pepper wine and the raspberry was just as hot as hte 5 habernaro and both were fantastic. Will let these two age some more and I have 3 one gallon jugs empty so I think I need to make some more different kinds of hot pepper wine.

The habernaro/white grape has toned done nicely, it is very drinkable, nice sweet taste then a burn but not an unbearable burn. I wanted to bottle tonight but there was still some sediment in the bottom of the bottle so racked instead, did the same with the medium banana pepper/raspberry, I'll be tasting that after I am done with this glass.

The habernaro/white grape has toned done nicely, it is very drinkable, nice sweet taste then a burn but not an unbearable burn. I wanted to bottle tonight but there was still some sediment in the bottom of the bottle so racked instead, did the same with the medium banana pepper/raspberry, I'll be tasting that after I am done with this glass.

Want me to run the filter out to you to borrow? I filtered my Pepper wine. I need to start another 2 or 3 gallon batch. This is good and we do a small (shot glass) of it each night. Won't last long. Before Xmas my son and I did a comparison Dan's and Our's. After finishing a bottle of each we decided they were tied. Dan's has a little more burn, mine was a little smoother on the initial taste.

Next batch will consist of 25 Jalepano peppers and 8 Hot Banana Peppers. This will leave me enough for another 3 gallon batch mid summer. This may be the start for the new year.

You know the health benefits of drinking a small amount every night is phenomenal, very healthy to do this. Thanks but I don't think I need the filter. It is only 1 gallon and I am willing to wait. The medium banana pepper/raspberry was started about a month after the habernaro and you would not believe how much hotter it is. So I'm thinking at least another month of aging before that smooths out.

Here is an update on my Jalapeno wine. I made 5 gallons from 40 jalapeno peppers, medium size. Added some raisins (1 cup I believe) and used a white apple for the base.

It's been aging and last night I sweetened a sample of it with inverted sugart to 1.020. It was drinkable but too strong. I added to my 5 gallons 4 cans of apple concentrate (old Orchard) and enough inverted sugar to reach 1.020. Now It's A Party!

I figure I'll let it rest awhile before we sample it again and then bottle hopefully. I used 40 peppers and it's potent, Dan and Doug you used more, wow!

Now I just have to work up a label for it.

chili_pepper_hot_md_clrc.gif

I only used ten per gallon. Be careful you don't smooth it out too much. It is a phenomenal cooking wine. The burn does not stick but the flavor does. I had to remove mine from the freezer when I was cold stabilizing as it defrosted the freezer.
meltdown.gif

I used 7 per gallon and started with a 6 gallon batch. Trust me even with an airlock on I can smell it across the room.

Latest posts

Back