Jalapeno Pepper Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I figure I could drop out the type for Jalapeno, then under the picture put all the other information.

Started another batch of this over the weekend. I'm making a 4 gallon batch. I used Welches white grape as the base with 3 cans per gallon. I went with 35 Jalepeno peppers and 6 hot banana peppers. Pitched yeast yesterday.

This sounds like such an interesting wine. I will definately make this someday. I am just wondering if anyone has ever added some hot peppers to a kit wine? I have a $50 gift card at my LHBS and was thinking of picking up a small kit (7-10L kit) and try it out. Also, what wine would you recommend adding it to? I was thinking perhaps a Gewurtztraminer.

Thanks in advance.

This sounds like such an interesting wine. I will definately make this someday. I am just wondering if anyone has ever added some hot peppers to a kit wine? I have a $50 gift card at my LHBS and was thinking of picking up a small kit (7-10L kit) and try it out. Also, what wine would you recommend adding it to? I was thinking perhaps a Gewurtztraminer.

Thanks in advance.

It is definately an interesting wine with so many variations to it. I believe Julie's Raspy Raspberry was with a Raspberry wine. Not completely sure though. It was good, we we tried it Saturday.

I have 4 bottles of my original batch left. This batch I may experiment and back sweeten a gallon or 2 of it with different frozen concentrate other than Grape.

Just gave the pepper wine a good stir. Wow, you can already smell the peppers in there. Give it another day or 2 and the aromas will be outstanding.

This was racked and stabilized about 3-4 days ago. Fermentation had stopped. I took the partial gallon I had left and back sweetened with a can of Cranberry Pomegranate juice I had. Wow, nice taste with (IMHO) just the right amount of burn. I'll let this age for a while longer then maybe bottle some for the May.

I think my hot pepper raspberry is my favorite. Nice bite without being overly hot and finished with a raspberry taste. I will be making this as a 3 gallon batch next around and bottle it in 750 instead of the 375's

I can't get enough of it. I made a 4 gallon batch this time and will be trying several variations of back sweetening. Julie's husband thinks we're all nuts for liking the stuff.

mine didn't end up as spicy as i wanted but it makes a great marinade. i think this summer more peppers will be added.

By adding some differant peppers to the must like hungarian yellow, sweet banna pepper,or belpepper, Ti red dragon, or any other hot pepper. I usually try to make the Jalapino the major pepper. The others help to add to the complexity of the taste. Sorry for the spelling but I had to take a pain pill and a mussel relaxer for my back so I am a little bit impared:hug

Back