I need to rant....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpkinman

Reaction score
Why is it at other forums, you just cannot get a simple answer to a question, it seems like everyone needs to try to "educate" you or twist your words....a lot of pretentious people out there.
Maybe that's why I enjoy the Wine Making Talk community so much.
Ok, I'm done, I kept it short....

I know exactly what you mean and when I became administration n here made sure this site didn't go in tha direction!!!!!

Hey Pumpkinman

I think I know what post you mean. I responded to it. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

I can understand your frustration. And I also find this forum to be the most supportive and helpful. People do make assumptions about things that are unsaid based on the context. That's human nature. Can't read minds.

Wade, your vision is reflected in this community, not everyone will always agree, but this community appears able to agree to disagree and leave it at that.
Dralarms, it is that "everyone talks down to you" that really frustrates me, these people obviously were born with wine making knowledge, and never had to learn...lol
Instead of just leaving a question that you do not know the answer to alone, that groups feels compelled to answer it with factoids about the question in reference, and turn your question around making it sound like you were asking an idiotic question in the first place...grrrrr

But, I have found a group much worse, I stumbled upon a wine makers club blog/forum that apparently had issues with some of the members here, after reading a few posts that were direct attacks on members here, I stopped reading. That particular group is the most arrogant group I've ever come across....

Yep Greg, that's the one, the weed grower thing caught me the wrong way.
I've done a bunch of searches and came up with the same, it's not something that I will carry in my inventory, just something that I wanted to help a few customers find.
Thanks again,
Tom

Pumpkinman said:
Instead of just leaving a question that you do not know the answer to alone, that groups feels compelled to answer it with factoids about the question in reference, and turn your question around making it sound like you were asking an idiotic question in the first place...grrrrr

Yes, exactly. I was just about to make that observation!

But, I have found a group much worse, I stumbled upon a wine makers club blog/forum that apparently had issues with some of the members here, after reading a few posts that were direct attacks on members here, I stopped reading. That particular group is the most arrogant group I've ever come across....

And that is why a few of them have been banned from this forum. We welcome all with open arms, but they need to play nicely. We do not casually ban anyone. Most winemakers are great and intersting mix of people, but there are a few like you elude to that seem to live to stir up trouble.

I was really surprised when I read the attacks on members, this other wine club literally had nothing good to say about anyone at all, even towards some in their group. It is a shame, I am a member of growing forums (giant pumpkins) and those of us with more experience try to mentor or coach the newer growers in order to have them do well and learn the correct ways, there may be dozens of ways to do the "right way", but belittling isn't one, it is a surefire way of getting someone new to the process to quit.

If you would just learn to ask good questions :)

Why is it at other forums, you just cannot get a simple answer to a question, it seems like everyone needs to try to "educate" you or twist your words....a lot of pretentious people out there.
Maybe that's why I enjoy the Wine Making Talk community so much.
Ok, I'm done, I kept it short....

Aaaaah you guys are talking about that crew who wants to shove my head into a pointed bucket.

Aaaaah you guys are talking about that crew who wants to shove my head into a pointed bucket.

wth???.....that doesn't make any sense at all....i have been with this forum for almost a year now, and julie, you have been absolutely nothing but friendly and welcoming....i would like to know what forum this is....these people sound absolutely absurd....

It is not a forum but a blog.

K-9 some of the members on the forum that you recently had an issue is part of this blog.

I admit that I'm curious too. Aw heck with it, why don't you just publicly name & shame? :)

Sorry guys, we refrain from commenting specifically on that forum. They keep sending spies in and then berate members and bash this whole forum. It is hard to imagine what they gain out of this.

Latest posts

Back