I Have Serious Issues

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, not serious like Tom and Rich have. I think mine is in my head. Tonight I opened my freezer and I'm not even sure why and guess what. Yes, there's a caboy of wine in it I forgot all about. The tag on it said I put it in there on September 1. Well if nothing else I guess it's cold stabilized now. It didn't freeze at I regulate my freezer to 28*. This was a Rougeon I got last summer just before Walkers closed. I think I just got all wrapped up in harvest and forgot all about it since I didn't have anything else to cold stabilize.

Last edited:
Is this an early Christmas gift to yourself or is it another add on to your honey-do-list?:D

I'm going to bottle mine that I got at that time this weekend.:)

I'm going to bottle mine that I got at that time this weekend.:)
Rod I could easily bottle this weekend. You're the reason I bought this in the first place. How sweet are you making it this time. I felt your's was too sweet last year. I'm thinking maybe about 1.003sg

Geez Dan, I"m thinking you have way too much going on, I think I better come up there and relieve you of some of your full carboys. :h

Geez Dan, I"m thinking you have way too much going on, I think I better come up there and relieve you of some of your full carboys. :h

Well I guess it's evidense I wasn't overly excited about this one. Oh wait a minute I did make an hour drive just to get it. Humm now what to call it, "The forgotten Child"?

How about The Cold One or The Forgotten One

OR

lol, Chills

I wish I had that problem of way too much wine. I am functioning at bare minimum until my harvest goes up. I have the opposite problem. Not enough wine...

Dan, maybe ya best leave it in there for another 6 months or so. Would be about the right temp. to take out on the porch when it is hot out. Only one carboy, tho. Would hardly last the night, LOL, Arne.

Well I did take it out and racked it off the tartrates right away as I always do. I've never made this wine before but tasted Rodo's and it was very good. I will probably sweeten to about 1.003.

Well I guess it's evidense I wasn't overly excited about this one. Oh wait a minute I did make an hour drive just to get it. Humm now what to call it, "The forgotten Child"?

Wine abuse!!! :wy

Well, they say we are supposed to forget about it, so it can get some age and maturity. I think you have accomplished that!!! ;)

Just kidding. You have been a busy boy the last year or so. That might have something to do with it.

Latest posts

Back