Hey from the SouthEast!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unaFORDable

Reaction score
Since I've read just about every post on here, I figured it was high time I went ahead and joined. I've also figured out that I've come down with the bug, the wine bug that is. Two weeks ago I bottled my first kit, a red zinfandel by California Connoisseur. I even did a little back sweeting to it. Then I started a Liebfraumilch by Heron Bay. It's just now been racked to the secondary, which is also the primary container. I have 2 of these containers and go between them. Then I got the bright idea to get me one of those All Juice Mosti Mondiale kits and just use that bucket to hold the wine while I was cleaning the primary and then rack back into my primary. Now I can do two kits at once. The All Juice that I got is White Zinfandel. Both of these have now progressed to the secondary phase. AND I just ordered from here, two of those plastic 6gal carboys. I didn't know about bulk aging until reading about it here. I have read and learned soooo much.....thank you

Welcome unaFORDable....sounds like you are off to a great start to a great hobby...have fun and enjoy..

And I forgot to mention: I'm from the coast of North Carolina, I really love to kayak and go camping and sometimes I do both at the same time!! I'm a boy scout leader and somehow that 1 hour a week has turned into a full time, non paid, job!! My husband is a retired Marine and my daughter is in the Navy. Oh and Marines drink "beer" so I can make all my wine for ME !! (or friends and family) unaFORDable is my Ford truck, yes my truck has a name!! And I'm TinaLouise, nice to meet yu'al (that's southern for you all)

Welcome, I want to warn you about using that Mosti bucket as a primary fermenter for 6 gallon kits though as they are not big enough to do most as they will foam over and create quite a mess. You may get away with this on a few white wine kits but you are risking it and will end up with a disaster and lost wine.

wade said:
Welcome, I want to warn you about using that Mosti bucket as a primary fermenter for 6 gallon kits .

Oh no, sorry, not using that bucket as a primary, just as a holding bucket while I wash out my primary and then I return the juice to the primary. My primary is a 9 gal tuff tank from E.C. Kraus , so no worries there about juice not fitting. Thanks for the warning though. When I did do my first racking of that Mosti juice I did start getting a bit "worried" as I was transfering the juice from primary to bucket, it almost looked kind of like it wasn't gonna fit back in that bucket!!

Welcome aboard. We look forward to hearing about your creations. Also, pictures are loved around here.

unaFORDable said:
I'm a boy scout leader and somehow that 1 hour a week has turned into a full time, non paid, job!!

Do I know what you mean! My husband and I were cub & boy scout leaders through out our boys scouting experience. Is was great fun and they had a chance to participate in a lot of activities they may never had had the opportunity other wise. We continue to go back for Eagle Courts of Honor 5 years after we left the area!

And I second Wades comment about using that bucket as a primary for 6 gallon kits. But you could always pick up a 3 gallon carboy and do kits that size and even start a few fruit wines.
VPC

Welcome unaFORDable,

Well if you have read every post you sould know everything. So?..... I have a bunch of questions. Maybe you can help me!!!
smiley36.gif

Welcome! Sounds like you are on your way. This site will make that way smoother.
smiley1.gif

Rocky Top said:
Well if you have read every post you sould know everything. So?..... I have a bunch of questions. Maybe you can help me!!!
smiley36.gif

Sure thing, but that question better be about either kayaks, camping, diesel trucksor scouting. You throw in a wine making question and all bets are off
smiley9.gif

TinaLouise

Welcome aboard, and forgive me "Ginger"
smiley4.gif

I couldn't help it.......
smiley4.gif

Glad you are here to learn with us..........

Tina, welcome to the Forum!! Sounds like two wonderful wines you are starting there. And ALL for you!! God Bless the Marines and beer!!
smiley36.gif

gaudet said:
Welcome aboard, and forgive me "Ginger"
smiley4.gif

Cute!!
smiley2.gif

My daughter actually got the RED hair and the blue eyes and a lovely southern accent (don't know if Ginger actually had a lovely southern accent??) but it plays well on my daughter. She's stationed in SanAntonio right now.
TinaLouise

unaFORDable said:
Rocky Top said:
smiley36.gif

Sure thing, but that question better be about either kayaks, camping, diesel trucksor scouting. You throw in a wine making question and all bets are off
smiley9.gif

TinaLouise

Cool!!!!
smiley16.gif

If a group of boyscouts leavea campsite at noon heading north in kayaks at6 m.p.h. and a disesel truck leaves the same campsite at 2:36 PMheadingeastat 60 m.ph. How many miles a part will they be at 3:00 PM ?
smiley22.gif

Appleman!!!!
smiley7.gif
You don't know a thing about kayaks!!!
smiley36.gif
But you do know a thing or two about hyperpotanuserises.
smiley32.gif
or maybe 3-4-5
smiley2.gif

Latest posts

Back