Hello from Massachusetts

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl

Junior
Reaction score
I just joined and actually have never made wine YET...
I found this forum and site and think it is great. I am going to be ordering a starter kit and make my first batch. I'm sure I will have lots of questions as I go forward.
Until then... Hello to all.
Carl

Welcome aboard, Carl. Which wine are you thinking of making? This is a great site to get your questions answered and to get inspiration for future wines! Have a great time.
smiley1.gif

I'm not sure. My wife and I like a lot of different wines. I guess our favorite anytime wine is a White Zinfandel.
Are there any easier to make for a first timer?
I think I will be ordering up everything after the Holidays.

i am in NH Carl...i will vouch for the great service from George and FVW

Welcome to the group.
smiley20.gif

George can give some great advice on the first kit to try.

Hi Carl and welcome to the forum. You should have no trouble at all making a White Zin from a kit and the best part they are a bit of an earlier drinker. When you are ready to order just give George a call and he'll help you pick out a kit or 2.
VC

Hello Carl!
Welcome aboard and good luck. Give George a call and he'll give you some good starting advice.

Welcome Carl. I havent made a White Zin so cant help you with what kit would be the best but these kits are almost mistake proof so dont be intimidated by it. Wine making in general is easy but there is a process that must be followed especially as far as sanitation.

Welcome to the forums!

But, friends don't let friends drink White Zin.......

You will have to pick something else......
smiley11.gif

Just kidding, I think.......

ibglowin said:
Welcome to the forums!

But, friends don't let friends drink White Zin.......

You will have to pick something else......
smiley11.gif

Just kidding, I think.......

smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

smiley36.gif

Welcome glad your on board George has great sevice he can help you out.

Well then what do YOU suggest? I'm very new at this so all suggestions are welcome..

Hey Carl,

Drink what you like but always try and expand your world of taste!

If you like White Zin, perhaps you would like Pinot Grigio, Riesling, Gewurztraminer. Viognier!

White Zin has always been made fun of because it is this BOLD dry red wine that is turned into a sweet blush wine so its sorta sacrilegious to most wine lovers, thus the jokes.

Years ago, my wife and I started drinking Mateus wine and Lancer's Sparkling Wine (white or red). We then branched out and "discovered" this new wine, coming from California (of all places), called White Zinfandel. We loved it! We drank it for several months. We then tried Zinfandel and Wow! what a revelation!

I guess all that I am trying to say is that we all start somewhere and it is mostly all good. We have learned to appreciate many different wines. The fermented fruit of the vine is a wonder. By the way, we still enjoy a cool glass of white zinfandel on hot summer days.
smiley1.gif

I guess we'll just start and see where it takes us. I would say it is all good if it's what you want.
Looking forward to the adventure.

Carl I would start with that White Zin kit, because its what you like. Any one of the ones Mike mentioned are great choices as well but for your next wine take a look at Cellar Craft's White Shiraz http://www.finevinewines.com/ProdDet.asp?PartNumber=140485 it is an excellent wine. The best thing you can do is go taste wines. Local wineries, wine shops even some homebrew stores will have something available or host tastings.
VC

Latest posts

Back