Greetings from Indiana

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krhamm

Reaction score
I've joined this forum earlier this month and never really introduced myself. First i have to say this forum is one of my favorite sites to visit everyday. A lot helpful information and friendly people on this site. I'm from Southern Indiana and i've started experimenting wine making several years ago off and on. i basically learned from myself and experimenting. I had some ok/decent wine and some bad wine. I want to keep improving and there's always room for improvements. Now that i've found this site, i already have several questions answered and i will be asking more down the road. I'm willing to learn everything about it and been more involved with wine making in the past few months than i ever had. My hobbies are wine making, golfing, wood working, and sports. I've been bless with my wife and a wonderful son. Looking forward for this year to great wine making and asking a lot of questions.:br

Welcome to the forum. You'll find all your answers here. Just ask!

Welcome and yes there is lots of great info here. Use it and drink up.

Welcome to the forum but a word of caution be careful you don't get addicted oops to late

Welcome great place to be lots of information and good fun as you probably already know..

wow!

what a small world. You won't believe this, but I literally just moved from Tell City last week.

Now, I'm up in WI.

unbelievable.

Where are you buying your supplies? I was buying them over @ Riley Ridge. Super friendly people.

wow!

what a small world. You won't believe this, but I literally just moved from Tell City last week.

Now, I'm up in WI.

unbelievable.

Where are you buying your supplies? I was buying them over @ Riley Ridge. Super friendly people.

Are you kidding me? It is a small world. I wouldn't think anyone on this forum would even know where Tell City is located at. Are you from Tell City? What are you doing in WI? I've been buying some supplies from Dauby's Hardware store. They only have few items. But most of my supplies i order online such as Midwest or EC Kraus. The only downfall is that the shipping cost will kill you. I've just checked out Riley Ridge's website. Looks like a good place to purchase items from. I'll have to keep an eye on them more often. It's good to see to have a couple of southern Indiana roots on this forum:b

Are you kidding me? It is a small world. I wouldn't think anyone on this forum would even know where Tell City is located at. Are you from Tell City? What are you doing in WI? I've been buying some supplies from Dauby's Hardware store. They only have few items. But most of my supplies i order online such as Midwest or EC Kraus. The only downfall is that the shipping cost will kill you. I've just checked out Riley Ridge's website. Looks like a good place to purchase items from. I'll have to keep an eye on them more often. It's good to see to have a couple of southern Indiana roots on this forum:b

Not originally from Tell City, I came down there for work.

Dauby's is ok, for last minute stuff. Every once in a while, I would make a trip over to Louisville for something, and make a detour to Riley. They also have a seasonal get-together, where everyone brings a bottle of wine from their favorite kit. You get to try different kits out. Bring an extra bottle or 2 for trading. Sign up for their newsletter, she will tell you about it.

There is also an older guy in Jasper, that runs a shop out of his basement called R&O [Something..] (can't remeber). He had it for sale, I don't know if it is still around. He had so much stuff in there, you had to walk sideways through his basement. Great guy. I just had a hard time making it there during business hours.

Owensboro recently had a supply store open up, but I've never been there. I do know they have a website.

I've also been to a number of stores in Louisville. I like Riley the best.

You would be amazed at the number of people that make wine in the area. After all, the hardward store caries a 1/2 aisle of supplies. There are a few people that are really good at it, and alot that aren't. ;-)

Most of the home made stuff I've seen (and smelled), I wasn't brave enough to drink.

It is too late. I'm already addicted this site:b

Yes it is addicting and when you meet some of these fine people the addiction gets worse. I just checked the map on where Tell City is and you're just down river from me. We motorcycle ride over that way in the summer, so maybe we'll have to meet up at one of the wineries over there this summer and share a bottle.

Not originally from Tell City, I came down there for work.

Dauby's is ok, for last minute stuff. Every once in a while, I would make a trip over to Louisville for something, and make a detour to Riley. They also have a seasonal get-together, where everyone brings a bottle of wine from their favorite kit. You get to try different kits out. Bring an extra bottle or 2 for trading. Sign up for their newsletter, she will tell you about it.

There is also an older guy in Jasper, that runs a shop out of his basement called R&O [Something..] (can't remeber). He had it for sale, I don't know if it is still around. He had so much stuff in there, you had to walk sideways through his basement. Great guy. I just had a hard time making it there during business hours.

Owensboro recently had a supply store open up, but I've never been there. I do know they have a website.

I've also been to a number of stores in Louisville. I like Riley the best.

You would be amazed at the number of people that make wine in the area. After all, the hardward store caries a 1/2 aisle of supplies. There are a few people that are really good at it, and alot that aren't. ;-)

Most of the home made stuff I've seen (and smelled), I wasn't brave enough to drink.

I have to agree about Dauby's. They don't carry a lot but i do go there if i need something right away. But most time i order online. I plan to stop by Riley ridge next time i go to Louisville to check it out. There are a lot of people make wine in this area. I have tasted several in this area. I have tasted some good ones and there are some that it's either way too sweet or no flavor whatsoever.

Yes it is addicting and when you meet some of these fine people the addiction gets worse. I just checked the map on where Tell City is and you're just down river from me. We motorcycle ride over that way in the summer, so maybe we'll have to meet up at one of the wineries over there this summer and share a bottle.

Sounds like a plan!

Wow, Welcome aboard, I was beginning to think that PA was going to take over, Glad to see another Hoosier around here. I'm quite a bit north of ya around Goshen but never the less, still in the state.

Latest posts

Back