Fulchino Vineyard

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
appleman said:
Great review Al. Now if you run them both at the same time you can do some serious fillage!

Ditto what Rich said. As far as the overflow container the wine is already filtered so I just use a funnel and dump it into a bottle. I don't see any difference in speed using the filter either.

I believe you can transfer (rack) with your super jet filler. I would continue to use that as I am going to continue to use my vacuum pump for. The enolmatic can do it but I prefer to burn up a $60 vacuum pump than a enolmatic.

the Enomatic is 17-20 seconds to fill a bottle and allow it to exacuate any bubbles it created...darn good machine...if the wine doesnt work out then i can use for tomato and olive oil :)

in fact i will add this advantage over the Buon Vino...less foam/air etc..so the bottle filled by the Enolmatic can be corked faster after bottling than that of the Buon Vino

One of my next few toys but Im pretty happy at present with my set up. The only reason I say this is its convenience of not having hoses all over the place.

Nice, and you can write it off!

Maybe I should turn pro!
smiley36.gif

off to the winery...very peaceful this time of year....can even catch a nap of two! :) ( did i mention each day?)

:)

That is a very nice labeler. I had to look up the description.

<DIV =std>The perfect semi-automatic labeling solution for cylindrical containers as well as many tapered containers, including bottles, cans, jars and tubes. Set-up and operation is fast and easy. 1. Set the guides 2. Place your container in the machine 3. Press the foot switch to apply label The built-in spring-loaded pressure arm makes sure labels are applied firmly and without wrinkles. You’ll be able to apply labels at speeds of up to 1200 per hour. Labels are perfectly applied without wrinkles, giving your finished products a highly professional look. It can apply one or two different labels to a single container. A built-in LED counter and memory for up to nine front-to-back label offsets is also included. Features: * Quick set-up and easy operation * Accurately applies labels to front and back with variable spacing * Fast – up to 1200 bottle per hour * Compact size – fits on most desks and counter tops * Professionally designed – one of the only semi-automatic label applicators available with UL, CSA and FCC safety and emissions certifications * Industrial strength – built with heavy-duty sheet metal and steel for long life Specifications: * Container Width: 1” to 9.4” (25.4mm to 238mm) * Container Diameter: 0.6” to 6.7” (15mm to 170mm) * Container Shape: Cylindrical and many tapered * Roll diameter: Up to 8” (203mm) * Media liner width: 1” to 8.375” (25.4mm to 213mm) * Roll core: 2” to 3” I.D. (51.8mm to 76.2mm) * Weight: 16 lbs. (7.26 kg) * Dimensions: 13.4”W x 8.9”H x 12.9”D (340mmW x 226mmH x 328mmD)
<DIV =std>
<DIV =std>
<DIV =std>So when you are out at the winery, are you supervising the wines aging? Sounds like a nice job! I'm still out doing "pressing" work. I am down to about a week of it, but only have 10 brutes left to do. I just need to wait for them to get to the point I want them to press.

Sure, if I want to lose my job!

I need some more tax write offs!

Lets see how many years can you loose money before the IRS shuts you down as a business!
smiley36.gif

"So when you are out at the winery, are you supervising the wines aging?
Sounds like a nice job! I'm still out doing "pressing" work. I am down
to about a week of it, but only have 10 brutes left to do. I just need
to wait for them to get to the point I want them to press."

Rich...i do supevise the wines as they age...i talk to them..i place bottles of their predecessor's ( with labels of course) in front of them so they know what they are shooting for...that type of thing ;)

one word of advice to you...buy some sticky tape fly traps for the fruit flies...and keep your press cakes far away from the winery ;)

smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

I tried one of the soda bottle traps- it caught 6 flies out of 6 billion!

I ended up going to Lowes and got a kitchen safe botannical spray. Two days fogging in a row and I was good for almost a week. Then I would respray. It was very effective. I took the press cakes and stems out to a compost pile on the east side of the vineyard about 300 yards away from the winery. That helped a lot. They were bad this year.

I accidentally threw my Chard press cake right at the end of our property a few weeks ago which is only about 75' from the back of my house. This was not a fermented cake and it seems the animals loved it hence why when i let my dog out that night he got sprayed by a skunk! Ill never do that again. I have had almost no fruit flies at all this year, I have no idea if its something Im doing right or if its just a good year here. Usually there are at least 2-3 flying around in the room about the airlocks.

This is my latest strategy against fruit flies. I put about 1/4-1/2 inch of fermenting juice in the cup. The effectiveness was immediate. I caught more in a few hours then the previous few weeks. Now a week later the effectiveness has worn off again. I will change out the fermenting juice when it gets bad again.

Fruitflytrap.jpg

thats the same strip i have been using...thanks for showing the additional improvement..great idea

I was wondering, where do you get your labels and who does your graphics? Do you use Resource Label Group? With your new labeler you will need alternating front and back labels on a roll, right?

You guys have fruit fly's?

Tisk, tisk, tisk........

That is just gross!

They don't seem to like our high altitude nor our dry climate.

Or perhaps its the Chloroform I spray on them to put them into a deeeep sleep before I smash them!

JK!
smiley2.gif

Randoneur...we do our own graphics....send then to the printer and hand apply each one....w the new printer, yes, we have to have them on a roll..alternating front and back labels.

Mike, yes it is a curse that we have to endure.... :)

Back