Fulchino Vineyard

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to go Father Al!

You need to post a pic of that winery all filled up from this years bumper crop of juice. I don't know how you could fit it all into that space and still have room for a tasting area!

Let us know if you end up getting the Vinmetrica and how you like it.

And of course he goes out to check on the "babies" every day!
smiley36.gif

first of all...to Mike.....'thou shall call no man father' :)

Rich.....?????? easy chair? no room for one of those in the winery...but i do confess to having fallen asleep a time or two on a chair in the winery :)

side note: the baby chicks are now 9 days old...last night one of the plymouth barre chicks flew 16 inches to the top of their little pen...wont be long till they are walking into the kitchen looking for more than what i give them

thanks Wade, Dan and Scott for the support...will get some pics and it wil be the Vinmetrica tester

Well, Al, I'd say you had a darned successful 1st year. Does my heart good to watch my forum compatriots have awesome vintages, win medals, and some turn pro. May God continue to bless your efforts and help you to grow your winery at just the right pace for you.

thanks Bonnie...we do all feed a bit off each other

Dan! Dan! Dan...tell me somethin'...do you have lights in each of them bottles? :)

Interesting articles, Al. I thought about the second for a few minutes -- and decided that as far as sommelier "training," I'll just have to continue to be "home schooled!"
smiley2.gif

(It's great to see your success in 2010 -- here's hoping 2011 is a great year for you, and all of us as well!)

we have had a few nights this yr under zero degrees...the worst being -7....right now it is 13 degrees and supposed to drop another 27 degrees at least to -14

not as bad as what some others face, but i expect significant bud kill above the snow line and i figure my test vineyard will toast as well

Mike i just posted in Rich's topic...i figure we already lost some buds prior to this and will lose more at these temps.....the wind is picking up a bit so that adds the dessication factor...we shall see!!!! welcome to farming...and to think the last two days i was researching more european varieties

I feel for you guys.

We had -10 over the Xmas break. Today I changed the oil on one car, and washed two others by hand in the driveway. Almost 50 degrees......

Oh and I watered the vines sine its been about a month since we had any precip at all. One weird Winter for sure.

Sad. It's so warm here right now, I had to go out this afternoon and do some emergency pruning of my vines before I start to get early bud swell. Let's hope that Mother nature is just a little frosty and not that chilly!

Dean......early pruning to control bud swell? if it is warm where you are you dont want to prune yet as it )(Warm weather will encourage bud swell in the buds that you allow to remain

i.e if you have a cane and prune to 2-4 buds, you will now encourage those remaining buds to swell earlier than they would naturally if you left the cane long until *real* spring

Al, I meant that I've done nothing since fall, no pruning, nothing, and needed to do it while they are still dormant. We might have an early spring if the warm temps keep up here.

i misunderstood sorry!

i hope you get some cold weather then....i still would hold off pruning until almost spring

Latest posts

Back