Fulchino Vineyard

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful painting & I agree with the others. You definitely need to put this image on a wine label.

thanks Bonnie...when it is actually in front of you, it is quite stunning to see..actual size i am estimating at 12x16

clearing the land in preparation for the future tasting room...this wont be a 5 month project like the first building.....this will take 1-2 years
20101204_180320_ClearingLandTas.JPG

20101204_180447_ClearingLandTas.JPG

20101204_180515_ClearingLandTas.JPG

20101204_180550_ClearingLandTas.JPG

20101204_180618_ClearingLandTas.JPG

20101204_180818_ClearingLandTas.JPG

</span>

1-2 years!
smiley3.gif

Looks like you have all the lumber you need right there on the ground.
smiley1.gif

Can't wait to see the progress!

this building goes a bit beyond my means in terms of time now that winery is up and running...and additionally in some areas it exceeds my skill set....so here and there i have a little less time i will have to hire some folks...case in point the foundation...although i will excavate the site myself and then lay and compact the sand base, i will hire a foundation company to to the pour.....the foot print will be approximately 1000 square feet and one company has given me a 5k estimate for next year some time in the first half of the yr

about 3.3x.....the reason was simple...the original building was supposed to be 1260 sq ft....a town building code requires buildings over 1000 sq ft to have a fire suppression system ( sprinklers) having installed them in a house that i built for resale, i was aware that this could run over 7 k...so i went w a small building ( the current winery) and now the next building...iwhich will add between 960 and 990 sq feet

exactly...then i saw his pic..he is 20 yrs or so younger than me and i dont think he has greenhouses :) so now i dont feel as old as i did last evening

picked up some more 50 and 80 gallon aging vessels this week.....and got to rack four wines including a white blend that i have yet to name....what a joy this whole venture is

will try to get some pics this week...although w snow on the way and having to get the furnaces in the greenhouses up and running, time may be tight

hope everyone is having a good season......w the exception of about 40 cases of peach wine ( our only fruit wine to date), we are about sold out of everything....we released about 18 or so wines this yr and there is probably less than 35 cases total left....granted we are a micro micro winery doing under a thousand cases we will grow w the second licensed vintage

i feel very fortunate.....there was a lot to learn...some of it on the fly....next year will be easier in many ways...but one way that it will be more taxing is we will have more to bottle and to sell.....our next purchase is something i have been looking at for several month...today i emailed the owner of Vinmetrica.com (not sold here or i would by from George)...their sulfite tester looks like w win win in terms of what has become my biggest issue...time...not enough of it

Awesome Al that you are almost sold out. It just goes to show you that all the work you do isnt going unpaid for.Wishing you nothing but look on the second vintage but I dont think luck has anything to do with it. Mainly marketing and word of mouth and excellent wines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You just need to buy some time in a bottle. What a joy it is to get a few gallons extra of it.

Glad things are moving along for you over there. Do you still sit around watching the wine age in an easy chair?

Must be a good feeling of accomplishment, make agood product and they will come.

Back