Flextank

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrawhide

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the new Flextank 50?

This is a 50 gallon tank with a floating membrane that you can add oak staves or beans into.

Thanx

rrawhide

I know a few people who use them and they have good things to report. I will be getting some of differing sizes in the future. They have even come out with a brand new 30 gallon one.

me....have four ..used for one year....has made great wine

just ordered 8 70 gallon ones

the floating skin actually works well despite its appearance.....i just wish they didnt cost 95$

by the way...the new 30 gallon units cost 149! ouch i thought they might be cheaper than that considering the others

Any effective storage is fairly expensive, but cheap compared to losing the wine. I dumped one 20 gallon barrel already and am close to dumping a second. 40 gallons x5bottlesx$10=$2000 worth of wine. A $200 flextank sounds cheap compared to that, and you use it over and over.

yes 200 for a fifty and 70.....150 for a thirty?....i dont know..i was expecting 95-120

the first tanks are being produced this week...here are some stats and a sneak peek for you
20091008_175838_flex30.JPG

the first tanks are being produced this week. The dimensions are 16 inches
diameter and 41 inches height, approximately. The screw lid is a 6" opening,
quite easy to clean inside. If the tank is not full it needs to be gassed.

Latest posts

Back