How to identify a version of 70 Gallon Eco FlexTank: maturation vs. heavy ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, fellow winemakers,

I was able to get 70 Gallon Eco FlexTanks from a person, who has no ideas of what version of Flextank is, maturation vs. heavy. They mentioned, that tanks we used/purchased to keep a fresh water and it has no clear sign of used for winemaking (unless, it was very, very, very well cleaned). Tanks have no smell, mold, etc.

I am trying to understand what version of flex tank we got, and I found out no sign on flex tank itself. No stamps, model, etc to identify them. I am wondering if anybody can help me in identification or give me any hints in doing that.

Pictures of flex tanks are attached. ThanksIMG_20230809_211509474.jpgIMG_20230809_211531040.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried contacting Flextank? They are located in Vancouver and usually very responsive to email or a phone call. Might be some marking somewhere that would easily clarify which type it is.

Good looking tanks!

Welcome to Wine Making Talk

There typically will be a number on a molded product which indicates either the mold used or the product. It may be as detailed as have the manufacture date and shift. Have you looked at the bottom? If it is hard to read try to do a rubbing with a crayon / paper. Nice looking hardware.

Thanks. It appears that heavy version of Eco flextanks (at least Eco) has HD sign near the lid. Somebody sent me a picture of his Eco 30 with HD sign. And later on, I found two pictures of heavy Eco 70 flex tanks (same as mine), with clear sign. I attached them below.
Just more knowledge into knowledge bank. Thanks all people who tried to help.

Attachments

• 00404_aPAXa0ANxLt_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
    00404_aPAXa0ANxLt_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 01111_lFXXytqWgTC_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
    01111_lFXXytqWgTC_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back