Fishing?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fishing soon Rich? That would mean that I would have had to stop and that didnt happen! I just didnt post any up here in awhile. I dress very warm and have been fishing pretty much thru the winter. No ice fishing as it didnt really get much ice here at all, some farther up north but even then it was risky and Ive never ice fished really.

Fishing season opens here on April 1st so waiting patiently for that. We've done some 4 wheeling back in the fishing spots and the water is getting low already (not much ice, no snow and little rain) so it should warm up quickly and should be some hatches early. The down side is the rivers will get too low and too warm before long. Really looking forward to it though. I still have to get some flies tied!
Wade - are the chain pickerel a problem where you are? They've been illegally introduced to some trout waters here and have cleaned the trout out. It's a real problem here.

Not a problem here as I know of. I have never caught a Pickerel in the same place as a trout. Our trout season doesnt start until April 21st! I hear ya about the rivers being low due to no snow run off and the much warmer temps from a very mild winter.

Probably wondering where Ive been all weekend? The Striped Bass are in over here, not n full force but that doesnt stop me. went Sat. night and only caught a small catfish but last night I caught a 32" Striper and 6 6-8lb catfish. took pics but phone is oin car right now charging, ran it dead playing music while fresh water fishing this evening.

Around here at the moment, late winter/spring steelhead in some of the rivers and spring king salmon the best of the best, got zipped last week but will go out this coming wed and thurs, will try to post :pic if I am successful.....keep tuned.........PS...we don't stop fishing around here just because there is snow on the ground or it might be snowing

Wynoochie Jan 2012 006.jpg

Last edited:
Nice catfish, we love catching and eating them, Will be in Savannah Tenn. late next month to fish the Tenn River below Pickwick Dam. Was there last Sept. Caught between 30 and 50 channel cats per day. Great fun. Loren

Been :fsh........Here is a pic of my catch, 11 lb Spring Chinook, also lost one. Washington Spring Chinook are the equal of Copper River Springs which due to cleaver marketing have become thought of as the best possible salmon available, often selling for twenty dollars a pound even in Washington State. The cost of Washington Springs is almost equal to the Copper River guys. The weather for the last two days has been, well Washington, if you don't like it wait five minutes, and I got caught with a raising river which puts off the bite. This fish has been scaled and is on ice for the second day and as such is a little darker than one right out of the water, but never fear, it will get burned tomorrow. Next trip, will take camera and take pic fresh from the water.......so chrome it will hurt your eyes......

100_0755.jpg

Nice fish! I thought the wait 5 minutes was our saying here in New England!!! I went the other day and caught a 1 1/2 lb Large mouth, cookie cutter around here. Going for some more Striped Bass probably Friday night into Sat. morning and then right from there Ill start the Trout season off at 6 am when it starts here. Yeah, Im a fish all night into the morning kind of guy. Last year I fished 18 hours in a row, went to sleep for a few hours and then put in another 6 hours in 1 weekend.

Went fishing before and after work. For Stripers before work which 1 on and missed, and after work very slow but finally snuck one on before going home. Heres a 17" Tiger Trout.

Tiger Trout.jpg

Still not so great fishing here in the lakes until spawning season, can't wait!

Back