Finer Wine Kit Finer Wine Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got an email from Matt yesterday.
“The Full Truckload of Fresh Juice Concentrate arrived last Friday and we have been in production ever since it arrived. The Pre-ordered kits will be shipping out by the beginning of this week.”

Got an email from Matt yesterday.
“The Full Truckload of Fresh Juice Concentrate arrived last Friday and we have been in production ever since it arrived. The Pre-ordered kits will be shipping out by the beginning of this week.”
didn't realize they are processing the raw juices right at a Label Peelers facility...

Cheers!

How long can ya keep an FWK kit in the fridge for?

Cheers!
It really depends on your Fridge Temps. If your fridge is set at close to 32 degrees F, it would be good for a year. However, if your fridge is closer to 40 degrees, it is good for a month (and that is a conservative estimate). If storing longer than a month at the higher fridge temp, it would be better to keep it in the freezer. Skins should always be kept in the freezer.

From what I can see, for reds, there are 4 grades of kits, in order of most expensive first:
Winery Series
Forte
Tavola
Novello

Can someone explain the difference in the kits (other than cost)? I've made the Cab Forte and the Melot Tavola and not sure I can tell the difference in the quality of the contents. I made both with 2 packs of grape skins.
Thanks
J

Forte has the most concentrate and results in the highest ABV. Tavola is next and Novello is weakest ABV.

Forte comes supplied with skins and seeds. Other kits do not... (edit, I think tavola comes with 1 skin pack).

Winery Series is just bulk concentrate and you determine the strength of the finished wine by tweaking the water ratio and adding skins or not. Same stuff in the other kits, just bulk volume. Same level of customization, just higher volume and you decide if you want skins/seeds or not as you purchase separately.

Would it be a mistake to use several fermenters for one winery series kit? I may decide to use less water.
IMO no. The hard part is diluting them equally, unless you're not concerned about having different strength wines from the concentrate.

Would it be a mistake to use several fermenters for one winery series kit? I may decide to use less water.
I don't think it would be a mistake, in fact it would be a good experiment to see which batches you liked the best. A pretty controlled experiment since the base kit would be the same for all the batches.

Not a mistake if you do it on purpose, with a purpose. I’ve become a fan of splitting my juice buckets in two, use two different yeasts, then blend back together when SG gets to 1.000.

Latest posts

Back