favorite winter olymic sport

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesngalveston

Reaction score
for the action and speed, I like the ski jump, and bob sled.
for the beauty...I am a leg man...I love the womens fiqure skating. Its just beautiful to watch what these women do with just a thin blade of steel on the ice...has to take lots of courage and guts.

I like bobsled and luge, as well as the ski and snowboard events. Speed skating is fun too. And there is always hockey.

I'm a leg man too. Give me the men speed skaters. They go fast and they have power. For looks I'll go elsewhere.

Joe

hummmm....I like the luge also, and snowboarding....I learned to snow ski in switzerland...then 10 years later snowboarded in northern california...love it.

hummmm....I like the luge also, and snowboarding....I learned to snow ski in switzerland...then 10 years later snowboarded in northern california...love it.

I "converted" to snowboarding about 12 years ago and have never looked back. Kids are learning to ski now (ages 4 and 6) and we are starting to have fun on the mountain together.

Short track team speed skating .. organized chaos on ice .. anything can happen!

I like the "new" redesigned for Russia Mens Figure Skating…….. :)

[ame="http://youtu.be/ZU045h3coGM"]http://youtu.be/ZU045h3coGM[/ame]

Having Lake Placid NY about 40 miles away means we have a lot of exposure to Winter Olympic Sports. I don't attend many events in person, but they can be seen on TV quite often. There are training centers in Lake Placid. A lot of the coaches are former Soviets relocated here. One for Bobsledding is a vendor at a few of the markets I do where he sells sheep cheeses, pickles and salsas. Many of the skiers and snowboarders are from the area and the Green Mountains across the lake in Vermont.

Women's figure skating. Before you folks look at me cross-eyed, let me explain.

Think what these women have to do...

Build up speed to about 25 MPH,
Leap straight into the air under their own leg power,
Spin around 4 times while in the air,
Land backwards on one foot,
That only has a thin piece of steel strapped to it.

When you break this down, it is rather amazing that a human can pull this sort of thing off.

The fact that most women skaters are good looking is of no concern (at least that is what I tell my wife).

Actually John it might be fun hearing you explain it!

OK,

Would you believe that the curved nature of the female form affords less in the way of wind resistance, thus making for faster and more graceful skating?

(hmmmm... yup, that sounds good. I think that I will go with that.)

Last edited:
I though hockey was the only sport. Well at least it's the only one that count lol

Latest posts

Back