Favorite wine you've made?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skiboarder72

Reaction score
Just curious, what's everyone FAVORITE wine that they have made in the past? If you can give some details about the kit/grapes/fruit, and what year you made it! :b

Well my favorite wine changes all the time, currently it is the Concord/Cranberry.

Per gallon, 2 cans of Welch's White grape concentrate and 1 can of welches crnaberry, sugar to 1.080, acid blend to .65%. backsweeten to 1.010 (use a can of welches white grape and cranberry then sugar to bring up to this level.)

Years ago I did some RED ZINFANDEL that won many awards.
So what, I liked my Peach better with no awards. This is one reason I don't really enter competitions.

Blackberry Merlot, 7# berries+1.5# Merlot grapes per gallon. Cote des blanc yeast. Back sweetened with a small Fpack to 1.005.

Last edited:
My fav. is still my Black Currant and probably always will be. I prefer a full bodied wine but usually on the sweetened side.

Right now it is my red currant. The stuff left a lot of sedement in the primary[I couldn't even pour it thru a strainer funnel] and I used what was left for a skeeter pee. The s.p. has a great currant flavor, much more flavor from the mother wine than the other s.p.'s I have made. So the currant is running as the king. Arne.

Arne, maybe we'll have to do a trade this year! Mine is still bulk aging but Im definitely interested.

Mine has to be the Rasberri, 1 gal blackberries and 4 gal rasberries, still young but it is like drinking liquid rasberries....6 gal batch

Mosto Italiano Chianti pail...
Dunno how it happened.. I expected it to be 'OK' ... turns out to be my favorite so far, although I have a St. Emile that might surpass it (I'll find out next year).

I haven't made that many wines yet, but my favorite so far is the triple berry using frozen mixed bags from Costco. My favorite of the favorite is the fortified and sweetened version. :ib

Plans are in the works for a 5 gallon batch of triple berry! :db

Back