digital hydrometer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

croppy

Reaction score
so do they exist? i have been looking for a little bit to see if i can find one but with no luck, if anyone knows of a digital hydrometer please let me know, it seems like it would be harder to break than a glass tube lol

-dan-

Yes there is. Pick one up for me. They're only @$20,000.00

Manual is fine for now.

Well if you would have posted a link I would have gotten one but I guess its to late now lol, I wonder if 20,000 is worth it, I guess I'll find out if I can ever afford that

-dan-

Not as accurate as a hydrometer,but probably less breakable:

Brewballs

BrewBallsPackage3.jpg

I would love to have one but manual is fine. Besides it's a hobby. Getting one might make it more business like and no longer a good time.

Now if someone could get one that won't spin as I try to read it I'd be real happy.

I would stick with a digital refractometer. You can get them for about $100 and up. The digital hydrometers are much more expensive although you can get them for uner $2000 for one that only goes down to 1.000

I just wish that I could find a hydrometer that has nice and big print. My eyes are not what they used to be. It SUCKS getting old.

I just wish that I could find a hydrometer that has nice and big print. My eyes are not what they used to be. It SUCKS getting old.

AMEN on the sucks getting old part

My wife says she wishes I still had the body of a 20 year old. I tell her I wish I did also. I then ask if she knows where I could find any since she hasn't been 20 in over 30 years now! :slp

Get a refractometer !!!!

Place a drop of wine on the glass, put your digital photocam to the ocular and make a pic. Enlarge that on the screen of your cam and bingo !!!!!!
Actually you can do that with your hydrometer to but a refractometer is a lot more handy.

Refractometers are cheap nowadays and the best measuring tool available.

Read my complete story on it (including pics taken from readings with my digital cam) here:

http://wijnmaker.blogspot.com/2010/04/refractometer.html

Luc

Back