Other Cornucopia Fruit Wine Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing he added so far was the baking soda but after doing the SG last night and stirring it up it's bubbling rapidly. How long is it safe to stay in primary for?

The only thing he added so far was the baking soda but after doing the SG last night and stirring it up it's bubbling rapidly. How long is it safe to stay in primary for?

What is the SG at now? That is really the only way you know for sure it is fermenting. The bubbling that occurred after adding the baking soda was likely due to an acid-base reaction and not fermentation.

It's still actively bubbling. Last night the SG had moved to 1.07 so seems like it's heading in the right direction now. Will post an update after we check it today.

Thanks everyone!

Black Cherry Merlot. Update: I let it sit 3 wks in the carboy and has gone from SG 1.09 to 0.90. Has a very rough taste (like some cheaper dry wines from store) but a very nice tannin nip to it. After siphoning off from the sediment and cleaning the carboy I splash siphoned back to original carboy to degas and topped 5 gal carboy )to replace volume lost from sediment, testing and tasting) from the f-pack (maybe 1 - 2 cups). I need to research these other additives and determine if I should add them and finish this with more fpack and bottle, or let it 'cook' another month in the carboy. Suggestions?

Last edited:
I did the final rack and stabilization on the coconut frascati kit, it's been about 6 days and still has a dark yellow look, Does it get any lighter ? At least it tastes good

My Coconut Frascati was very light when we bottled that. I had given a couple of bottles away to a few people who let them sit for a while and they were absolutely delicious when they were opened.

My little issue seems to slowly be resolving. We're down to about 1.05 SG now.

Kim,
do you recall what sg you bottled at, it was at .998 until the fpack boosted it to 1.020

I don't. I used to keep all the papers and write on them but we tossed them.

I bottled mine on Monday and tasted a chilled bottle last night. Pretty easy drinking and must be chilled . I would make it again

What has happened to cornucopia wine kit prices? Last one I got in Sept was a coconut Fuscati. was about $50 on Amazon. Then I ordered it again it was up to $162. and unavailable. Can't find it anywhere.

I just went in to order a Raspberry Merlot and they don't even carry it anymore. Noticed that most were out of stock but the few they had left were still in the $40 to $50 range. I've been using the Island Mist kits lately when I want to put up some kind of fruit wine for the wife.

There are several of these kits starting to pop up on Amazon. Most of them indicate they will be in stock on March 1.

Last edited:
availablity

I made two of the Cornucopia Fruit Wine Making Kit, White Tropical Riesling,and have really enjoyed them. Amazon shows unavailable, does anyone know when or if they will be back or maybe someplace else to get them ? :ft

Cornucopia coconut frescati

Cornocopia Cocoanut Frascata Kit

This kit we purchased off Amazon for ~$45.00 shipped. This kit contained the Frascata concentrate, Cocoanut F-pak, as well as labels, corks, caps, packets of yeast, sorbate, bentonite, k-met, and chitosan. This kit contains the essentials for any new winemaker (minus the basic equipment that is needed.)
What we added:
ball jar of simple syrup
Spring Water
The steps:
First, we added the bentonite and ½ gal. warm water and stirred until dissolved.
Next, we added the packet of frascata juice and then topped up to 5.5 gallon mark on our primary fermenter. (This kit makes 6 gal. but it seemed a bit weak, I didn't want it to be too thin in the end.)
Then, we took an SG reading. The kit as is, came to 1.070. We wanted our SG reading to be a little higher, so we added the ball jar of simple syrup and this brought it up one point. Our SG now is 1.08
Next, we gave the bucket a good stir and added the yeast.
The last step: We document the contents on our tag, hang it on the bucket, and draped a towel over the top. Now we wait.
Update:
Week 2: We racked to the glass carboy and just let it sit.
week 3: Tonight we added the packets or sorbate, k-met, and fining agent, and the cocoanut F-pak I must say, the F pak is DELICIOUS! I would love to get my hand on another fpac like that to experiment with. We wrapped the towel around the carboy and put it to sleep.
Stay tuned for week 4! We plan on racking if all goes well. More to come.
Cheers!
Joeswine and Neviawen

1 kit contents.jpg

Back