Other Cornucopia Fruit Wine Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dend78

Reaction score
Has anyone used these kits? I was thinking of trying the Blueberry Shiraz for my next blueberry batch, how much do these kits make 4gal?

I did the pear chardoney. It makes 5 gal. It was good but low ahocol content. Don't try to keep over 6 months. But they are a good cheap kit. I got mine on amazon for 41.44.

awesome thats what im looking for something that works fast i can add sugar to bump up the ABV thats not an issue at all now im just comparing cost of using frozen fruit and juice and making my own again hmmm

According to the amazon.com description these kits make 30 750ml bottles. That's about 23 litres or 6 US gallons.

Steve

According to the amazon.com description these kits make 30 750ml bottles. That's about 23 litres or 6 US gallons.

Steve

Yep, these kits make 6 gallons, but be careful. Follow the instructions, because the F-pack is so big, you don't fill the primary to the full 6 gallons.

Peace,
Bob

Wine for a friend

:u I MADE THE RIESLING TROPICAL KIT FOR A FRIEND OF MINE,NOT BAD FOR THIS TYPE OF KIT,CAME WITH CORKS, SEALS,LABELS,FPAC AND BASE JUICE,AND A LL THE AGENTS AS USUAL.GREAT LOOKING PACKAGE WHEN ALL WAS SAID AND DONE.:db

On my 3rd one now. Love them. Have not as of yet bumped up the alcohol content but this next one I am starting I'll add part of the F pack at the first stage.

Made the Green Apple Riesling kit and it's quickly become a favorite among my wife and her friends, and between me and my brew buddies.

I may bump up the gravity on my next batch, but then again I may not. A surprisingly well balanced wine for a sweet fruit kit. Be sure to degas well!

-Rich

nice one of these will be my first kit when i deiced its kit time, cant argue with the price

I added part of the F pack to my primary fermentation for the White Green Apple Pinot Bianco. Smells wonderful already and it's only been in there 3 days. Will update how it comes out when it's done.

My favorite right now is the Coconut Frascati. It was a great summer wine. Light and fruity and different.

I was interested in doing the Tropical Reisling kit. When you add part of the f-pack up front was or could there be a problem with it slowing down the fermentation? I was under the understanding that there was some sorbate in the f-pack.

How's the body of these kits, do you need to add anything up front to help the body?

I did the White Merlot/Strawberry a couple years ago. I added half of the f-pack up front, cut the amount to 5 gallons, and boosted the starting sg to 1.080. I did not have any problems with fermentation. It turned out ok for the cost but not great. I probably tweeked it too much. If I do another one, I'll probably not boost the starting sg.

I am clearing the tropical fruit reisling right now. I used bananas and a few cups of sugar in the primary to recommended 21 liters. 1.070 if I remember right. Tasted pretty solid after adding the f-pack. Will let ya know how it turns out in a 4 or 5 days.

i still haven't tried one of these yet i need to break down and get one

Ordered the Tropical Fruit Reisling today but when I went up to my local store to get some supplies and another carboy I saw that they just got in the new Vintner's World Vineyard California Moscato. I think that one is going first.

But, would love to know how your Tropical Fruit Reisling turns out Maverick. I will be doing it soon and would like to get a handle on how others are doing their f-packs. Some of these f-packs make the kits too sweet and I like the idea of putting some in the primary for extra flavor.

Just Picked up a California Moscato

Went down to pick up some supplies from my local store and saw that they just got in the new Vintner's World Vineyard California Moscato an had to get one.

Anyone try this one out yet and how did it come out?

Rickswine~My local store is supposed to be getting it in today also, I've been waiting for it to arrive! Lol I plan on picking it up and getting it started today! I think it's just being released...so not sure anyone's been able to try it yet.

My guy said this is his second shipment. The first one went quick to the pre-orders. I had hoped that maybe someone got one early and already had it going.

I hope to get mine started by the beginning of the week.

I've made many of these kits. I have done the last 3 with adding half of the f-pack up front. It's boosted the alcohol content up a bit and made the kits a little less sweet which I'm enjoying. No problems with fermentation.

Last edited:
Back