CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwhelan939

Reaction score
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHERE I COULD GET MY HANDS ON ONE OF THE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY KITS. I DIDN'T GET INTO THE WHOLE WINE MAKING HOBBY UNTIL AFTER THE PRE-ORDER DATE ENDED. THE ONLY THING I LIKE MORE THAN WINE, IS MIXING RASPBERRIES WITH CHOCOLATE!!!! ANY THOUGHTS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Its going tobe very hard but the only thing I can say is to look at all websites.

I want to make one of my Raspberry/Red Grapewines and add chocolate...can that be done????

Yes it can. I have seen a few recipes out there including chocolate, one of them was on Jack Kellers website but he lost most of his recipes. What I do have may be adjusted to what you are doing. You could give this a try.
After ferment is completed & racked into secondary. Stabilize & wait 3-4 days. Add 8 oz. per gallon Hershey's chocolate syrup & stir well. Within 2-3 days you will have a large amount of lees & virtually clear wine. Rack & wait until completely clear. Add 4-6 drops of good vanilla extract at bottling. After this you can either use a fining agent or let time do its thing. This will produce a semi-sweet wine.

I also have this recipe that I havent tried yet and must be adjusted to your fruit but here it is.

Chocolate Strawberry wine 1 gallon recipe
4lbs fresh strawberries

2 1/2 lbs sugar (sg 1.110)

1tsp acid blend

1/2 tsp Pectic enzyme

1tsp yeast nutrient

1/8 tsp tannin

4oz.(1/2 cup) Hershey's cocoa powder

1 gallon water

follow the normal procedures for wine making with the exception of adding the chocolate.
Remove 1 cup must put in food processor turn on low speed and add cocoa slowly
and mix for about one minute then add to primary fermenter and stir in. You can
also use frozen strawberries acquired at your local store</span>

i have made a chocolate strawberry wine using a simular recipe. It turned out grrreat. am bulk aging it now will bottle soon

I like the idea of adding the chocolate to the primary...then it won't end up being a sweet wine.

Does the cocoa leave an oily film on the top of the wine????

I notice when I use vanilla beans I get a bit of an oil slick on the top of the wine..never hurts anything...only I notice it at bottling when the wine is in the bottling bucket.

I just want a hint of chocolate and maybe a bit of vanilla bean would be nice too....
smiley4.gif

I havent noticed any oily residue on top or bottem. I think some vanilla would be good just my opinion

At our local wine supply shop, they had about 12 extra kits of the Chocolate Raspberry port on the sales floor. Here is the info if anybody wants a kit.

Hopmans Beer and Wine Making Supply
Rick is the owner

http://www.hopmanssupply.com/html/contact_us.html

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=537 border=0 nof="ly">
<T>
<TR vAlign=top align=left>
<TD>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=274 border=0 nof="ly">
<T>
<TD =Text width=238>
Hours of Operation:
Wed - Fri.
1:00 - 7:30 PM EST
Saturday
10:00 - 6:00 PM EST
Sunday
10:00 - 4:00 PM EST
M-T- Closed
</TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD>
<TD>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=263 border=0 nof="ly">
<T>
<TD width=25 height=41>
clearpixel.gif
</TD>
<TD width=238>
clearpixel.gif
</TD></TR>
<TD></TD>
<TD =Text width=238>

Waterford
MI, 48329
248-674-HOPS (4677)
[email protected]
</TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

jhawk said:
At our local wine supply shop, they had about 12 extra kits of the Chocolate Raspberry port on the sales floor. Here is the info if anybody wants a kit.

Hopmans Beer and Wine Making Supply
Rick is the owner

http://www.hopmanssupply.com/html/contact_us.html

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=537 border=0 nof="ly"><T>
<T>
<TD>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=274 border=0 nof="ly"><T>
<T>
<TD width=238 ="Text">
Hours of Operation:
Wed - Fri.
1:00 - 7:30 PM EST
Saturday
10:00 - 6:00 PM EST
Sunday
10:00 - 4:00 PM EST
M-T- Closed
</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE></TD>
<TD>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=263 border=0 nof="ly"><T>
<T>
<TD width=25 height=41>
clearpixel.gif
</TD>
<TD width=238>
clearpixel.gif
</TD></TR>
<TD></TD>
<TD width=238 ="Text">

Waterford
MI, 48329
248-674-HOPS (4677)
[email protected]
</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>
Road trip!!!!
smiley4.gif

I emailed, they had, it's on it's way!!! I got a new job and found a chocolate port all in one day. Could a day get any better? Thank you very much Polishwinep!!!

Jwhelan939 said:
I emailed, they had, it's on it's way!!! I got a new job and found a chocolate port all in one day. Could a day get any better? Thank you very much Polishwinep!!!

Im very sorry, I forgot to include jhawk in my thanks givings!!!

beercrafter in williams town new jersey,ask for phillis,or jeff,tell them joe sent you//they belong to our wine club//

Thanks for the info, Jhawk! I just sent them an email!

Are you a J-Hawk?

Edited by: Joan

do you know why I keep getting a message that I've been to lon g on the form??????

Latest posts

Back