Champlain Valley - Grapemans' vineyard - Planting to small winery

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just beautiful...will you leave the floor as is ? just spill some wine on it? :) acid stain it? other?

Rich Al is right about the floor. Staining it is very easy. I did my new patio 3 years ago out in the yard and it is still as good as the day I did it. Behr stain from Home depot after and acid bath. Tons of colors.

How big is the bar Rich? In one of the other shots it didnt look very big, in these shots it looks like a real nice size!

Wade the length of it is 8 feet. Thre is the front section for now and will have a custom top, not just a tablecloth draped around OSB. Later there will be a back section for added functionality, storage,etc. It will be underneath the areas you see wrapped around on that side of the room.

This isn't a huge room, but will hopefully be filled from time to time in the future, maybe by a bunch of you guys someday.

OSB, you went all out huh!!! Hehehe That would be so awesome to have a bunch of us all there at once!

The official grand opening will be some time late spring to early summer when I have the vines growing and some of the landscaping done. I will also hopefully have the tile on the floor and the patio and pergola built. I will be opening the tasting room if all goes well around the end of March.

Don't forget the art work in the tasting room.
You could go with Van Gogh'sThe Green Vineyard

20110213_091848_600_van_gogh_th.jpg

well Rich you will be farther along than i was then if you have a patio and pergola etc.....i had no patio and no landscape when i started, just the wine and the building....i know you have wine ready and bottled...open the darned doors ...you are there anyways....if people show up your a go and if they dont then you get work done...

Al that is why I said the "Official Grand Opening". I turn no-one of legal age away right now and do sell some wine. I need to pay for things somehow- I don't have any rich uncles.........
smiley2.gif

I may have my youngest son do a painting or two for me. He has been accepted in several art schools already. His talent scares people, and he has the moods to go along with them. A boy almost 6 feet tall and over 300 pounds with artistic talents, but very masculine....... go figure.

hey there are some athletes who are painters..remember Tommy Heinson of the Celtics!

Just a little update on this. I sent in my pictures to the State Liquor Authority on 2/10. I called a few minutes ago to check to make sure they had been received and if anythin additional was needed, and the person answering said "WE ISSUED THE FULL PERMIT YESTERDAY" That was music to my ears and can't wait to get it in the mail in the next few days!

Looks like we have launch!
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back