Back after some time away.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildSeedGrrrl

Reaction score
I'm glad to be back on the forum. So much has happened that when I looked back on my blog and my notes, I realized I hadn't made any wine since before I moved from Minneapolis. It's been over a year ago. I have been making more and more beer this last year and been working on my braggots.

Moved back to Portland, OR and totally digging the beer culture here. Can't wait until the summer and fall really hit so I can gather up more fresh fruits to ferment and try a little wild fermentation this summer. So if folks have any experience with that I would love to hear any and all advice.

Just started a peach wine from fruit I'd picked last fall. The aroma of the fruit was amazing, and I'm hoping some of it will still be there when it ferments. I'm using mostly honey instead of sugar, so I guess that would make it more of a melomel.

Happy to be back and can't wait to catch up with everyone.

WSG

WSG, glad to have you back. Beer, huh! You're back at the right time. Wade and Tom and a few others are going hog wild on it! Stick around and keep us posted on what's going on.

Welcome back. I'm kinda' new here so I don't know you. Here's hoping that changes. :b

WSG, glad to have you back. Beer, huh! You're back at the right time. Wade and Tom and a few others are going hog wild on it! Stick around and keep us posted on what's going on.

Yep making alot of beer with my new sculpture. Look in the Beer thread

Yep making alot of beer with my new sculpture. Look in the Beer thread

Nice setup! I'm debating whether to go the gravity or in-line route. I guess it will depend on money and time this summer. I brew alone most of the time so not having to lift and carry will be the motivating factor me, so I'm leaning towards buying a pump.

I've had a blast incorporating things I do with wine into beer making, especially when it comes to adding fruits and spices.

Hey welcome back and hope the whole move thing was okay. Thats always alot of work. Much has happened here too. Anyway happy you have returned.

I just got back to the wine instead of playing with beer. The one friend I have that brews just got a job out in Vermont. Hate to see him go, and hate to see the beer recipe go with him. Did not get to learn enough of it to keep me going.

Welcome back to you.

Back