Anyone else think WMT should hold a by mail competition?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill tell you what, you all send me your bottles and $10 entry fee pre bottle and Ill judge them all and tell you who won! :)

Heck send them up here and I'll get the NW PA gang to judge for $9.00 a bottle. I bet I can even get Steve to print up some awards on his printer.:dg

Think I need about 6 months min before I could have anything close to ready. But not a bad idea. I would like some honest input and feedback.

Shhhhhhhhh,, over here, in the corner. Ill do it for $8 a bottle but dont tell Dan!!

Folks honestly the best thing to do is take a look at local fairs around your area. Last year I did the same thing to hear what judges had to say but the other rewards were meeting other wine makers in the area, I got new ideas for new wines to make and then of course the awards given out. The registration costs were from .25 - $2.00 per entry. When you get involved in the bigger competitions entries are $10.00 - $25.00 per entry plus shipping.
The bigger competitions you get judges opinions and medals. The local competitions that practically cost nothing can net you some nice cash! Plus no shipping costs. This has been my experience over the last five months.

All right these guys are killing me. Just send me your bottles (one of each and two if you think they're exceptional) and the next wine party we have in NW PA we'll sample your bottles and give you an thumbs up or thumbs down. No registration cost. Benefits for you, you got bragging rights that your wine was requested by wine tasters from out of state!

Who ratted me out??? Alright, Ill pay you $1 for every bottle! Top that Dan!!! hehehe

Who ratted me out??? Alright, Ill pay you $1 for every bottle! Top that Dan!!! hehehe

WOW, I need a job! I'm spending way to much time on here getting influenced and my carboys are over flowing from fermentations. Where's Julie when I need her? Oh yeah she goes to bed at 8:00. I kind of thought even Mike would step in and help me out!

Ill just send over a very long hose from my vacuum pump and you can just insert it into your carboy and pm me when you think I should stop.

I removed a few ounces and unplugged the belt. Still fermenting like madness but not shooting out of the air lock anymore. And that was racked at 1.01.

All right these guys are killing me. Just send me your bottles (one of each and two if you think they're exceptional) and the next wine party we have in NW PA we'll sample your bottles and give you an thumbs up or thumbs down. No registration cost. Benefits for you, you got bragging rights that your wine was requested by wine tasters from out of state!
oh I got that already as Julie said she'd like some of my petite verdot.....I don't think she'd mind if I gave her a bottle of the fortified lol

You ship I PAY $1.00 per bottle! It would still be a great bargain cause I KNOW YOU ALL MAKE SOME GOOD WINE. LMAO!

All right this is the deal, entry fee is $0, tasting is at my house this summer during our annual NW PA'er gathering. We will judge your wines and publish our findings.

AND if you want just drive on over and enjoy everyone's wines and some great food and company.

Top that Wade. :tz

Yeah Wade, so there!!! Besides Julie didn't mention the fact there is a topless jeep rally the same day going by her house.
Beat that one buster!!!!!!:pee

98ad.jpg

Last edited:
All right this is the deal, entry fee is $0, tasting is at my house this summer during our annual NW PA'er gathering. We will judge your wines and publish our findings.

AND if you want just drive on over and enjoy everyone's wines and some great food and company.

Top that Wade. :tz

Yeah Wade, so there!!! Besides Julie Julie didn't mention the fact the Hooters is having a wet t-shirt contest across the street the same day.

I'm in for being a tasting judge, now about those Hooters.....:i

OK now you got my attention. I will take a week of my (seemingly unlimited vacation) and drive up to PA and pick them all up for tasting and judging.

No charge, I come to you......:)

Yeah Wade, so there!!! Besides Julie didn't mention the fact there is a topless jeep rally the same day going by her house.

98ad.jpg

Latest posts

Back