another great pineapple wine ready to drink

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xcaret

Reaction score
I started this pineapple wine on July 2 /2013 I just took a sample of it now ,mmmm best yet. I usually forget it for several months , but my strawberry wine is all drank so I figured I'd try a glass of my latest pineapple wine . It has a more pineapply taste than when it sits, but along with the nice taste is a hint of bitterness, not much , but it's there .. When I forget it for 3 months or so , it has no bitter taste, just tastes like pina colada.. Which ever way I do it the alchol content is 15% . Nice tasting and it soon takes you away to nice place .lol

been wanting to do a pineapple.
did you use juice are fruit, are both.
how much
did it throw off lots of sediment.

Seriously, you are going to come on here and say you started a wine less than a month ago and it is ready to drink?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNK6NQMhmIM[/ame]
There's the recipee folks .. best pinacolda you can find ..
Btw ,I never add all that stuff the wine booklets say too. like camden tablets , acid blend , I just want to make it the way Noah made his , after getting off the ark and planting a vinyard lol.
I just found my recipe scribbled here on a note
I use 5 real store bought pineapples ( not canned juice) you peel all the outer bark off or it will taste bitter, cut it into i inch cubes ( messy ) put it in a 5 gallon container , Oh yeah, I heat the water quite high and slowly disolve the sugar into it , usually a gallon or so at a time, cause my pots only that big. once the container ( 5 gal or so ) is full,and close to the top ,dump the yeast in and stir it ,then put an airtight lid on and forget it for 3 weeks or so ..( Don't try the airtight lid with strawberries , the lid blew off in 2 days .. very messy )
well heres the ingredients ,5 large real pineapples ,5 kilograms of sugar (11lbs )
10 teaspoons of plain everyday grocery store bought yeast.. thats it , no camden no acid blend no anything . This is about my 5th batch ive made since finding the video.. I tried other fruit with the same 3 week waiting period , it all works the same .. no racking ,no no carboy to pour anthing into, no siphon to drip all over the place ,just open the container after three or more weeks , pour it through the leg of a Dollarama pair of pantyhose . This time I bought one of those strainer things that are made of screen and for pouring say like vegies that you boiled ,you pour the water and vegies in it ,the water goes through and the vegies stay in the sceen thing.. Its at dollarama for a buck too. Anyway I scooped out all the ( most ) pineapple chunks , they float , then with the chunks out of the way I scooped up the wine and poured it through a funnel into 2 liter bottles , You get a little sediment on the bottom but it usually stays there .. By the time you get down to drinking the third bottle ( no not the same day !! ) the sediment is usually caked at he bottom and no problem..
Enjoy..

I started this pineapple wine on July 2 /2013

Which ever way I do it the alchol content is 15% .

How do you know its 15% ABV? I've seen you post enough successes and failures, to know you dont use a hydrometer.

julie its, pineapple dragon blood.., go back and look at his first post..lol

Calling it Dragon Blood is giving it too much credit. Glorified Hooch? Maybe..

Please understand, you're more than allowed to make wine any way you wish..

But coming to a forum where we put unpaid effort into teaching those who want to know, a more proper and up-to-date method than our ancestors had, of how make a bottle of wine worth being proud of....... I'm having a hard time not being offended.

My effort is for what? For your hydrometer to sit on the shelf, for you to still come to us when you have issues, and for you to not understand why we cant help you?

I'd love to help you, Xcaret, but you gotta help yourself.

You can make the wine the way you want to, and you can be proud of it if you so wish.. But to attempt to undo so much effort, repeatedly.. There just comes a point.. I dunno, maybe I'm just young...

Very well said Deezil...

I do not know Noah, but I would bet if he were alive today, he would probably not make wine the way he was suppose to thousands of years ago. With out a hydrometer you have no idea the abv.
Besides that, from what I have read most all the wines then were very very low in abv....sugar was a hard thing to find, and honey was used more in something to keep them from starving....

I'd say what bothers me most is that OP comes on here to brag.

This forum is not for bragging.

It is for getting advice, learning, and trouble-shooting. And yeah, sometimes if you take someone's advice and it works out really well, you get on here and thank them and tell them how well things turned out, but if the forum didn't help you make your wine, and you're just coming on here saying 'my wine is the best ever' there is no purpose to your post except to brag. And that's pretty rude.

I really dont mean to come down on Xcaret in excess, this just seems to be the pinnacle of a growing trend we've been experiencing lately. A lot of mis-information, or recommendations that are a far stretch from anything resembling "best practices".

I dont know if its the season, or what.. It's just come to be a bit much lately.

I would not worry too much about it. The people who spread misinformation tend to not last way too long on these forums for one reason or the other.

@xcaret

Their is nothing wrong with making hooch, but realize that you can do so much better with just some minimal changes to your procedure.

The only thing I can add to what's already said about my poor judgment of the way I make my wine is that it works..
Oh yeah I have the hydometer still in the cupboard , and asked on here how it can check alchol percentage , appaently it cant ,, so I use my vinometer which is dead on when checking the alchol content of store bought wine ..
How come your so upset ?? Naturally I like to brag when I hit the jack pot with a good recipe.. How much better can yours be with all the chemical you dump into it ?? Sorry to offend you by postimg a sucessful way to make wine .

The only thing I can add to what's already said about my poor judgment of the way I make my wine is that it works..

I'm sure it works; it worked back in the day, or we wouldnt be making it now. That's not to say you cant do a lot better with a little more effort.

Oh yeah I have the hydometer still in the cupboard , and asked on here how it can check alchol percentage , appaently it cant ,,

A hydrometer is a instrument that measures the density of a liquid, in our case - sugars (mostly). It can measure the alcohol level of your wine, but you have to use it more than once. Atleast once in the beginning, and once in the end. The difference in the numbers, ran through a simple formula, will tell you within 1% +/- what the ABV of your wine is.

(Starting SG - Final SG) / .735 = .####
.#### = ##.## % ABV

Example:

1.085 - 0.995 = 0.09
0.09 / .735 = .1224
= 12.24 % ABV

Btw ,I never add all that stuff the wine booklets say too. like camden tablets , acid blend , I just want to make it the way Noah made his , after getting off the ark and planting a vinyard lol.
I just found my recipe scribbled here on a note
I use 5 real store bought pineapples ( not canned juice) you peel all the outer bark off or it will taste bitter, cut it into i inch cubes ( messy ) put it in a 5 gallon container , Oh yeah, I heat the water quite high and slowly disolve the sugar into it , usually a gallon or so at a time, cause my pots only that big. once the container ( 5 gal or so ) is full,and close to the top ,dump the yeast in and stir it ,then put an airtight lid on and forget it for 3 weeks or so ..( Don't try the airtight lid with strawberries , the lid blew off in 2 days .. very messy )
well heres the ingredients ,5 large real pineapples ,5 kilograms of sugar (11lbs )
10 teaspoons of plain everyday grocery store bought yeast.. thats it , no camden no acid blend no anything . This is about my 5th batch ive made since finding the video.. I tried other fruit with the same 3 week waiting period , it all works the same .. no racking ,no no carboy to pour anthing into, no siphon to drip all over the place ,just open the container after three or more weeks , pour it through the leg of a Dollarama pair of pantyhose . This time I bought one of those strainer things that are made of screen and for pouring say like vegies that you boiled ,you pour the water and vegies in it ,the water goes through and the vegies stay in the sceen thing.. Its at dollarama for a buck too. Anyway I scooped out all the ( most ) pineapple chunks , they float , then with the chunks out of the way I scooped up the wine and poured it through a funnel into 2 liter bottles , You get a little sediment on the bottom but it usually stays there .. By the time you get down to drinking the third bottle ( no not the same day !! ) the sediment is usually caked at he bottom and no problem..

How come your so upset ?? Naturally I like to brag when I hit the jack pot with a good recipe.. How much better can yours be with all the chemical you dump into it ?? Sorry to offend you by postimg a sucessful way to make wine .

1. You dont use a hydrometer?
2. You dont use campden tablets/k-meta?
3. You what?! Ferment an an airtight container? No airlock?
4. You dont rack at all?
5. No carboy?
6. You dont siphon? You scoop and pour?
7. It's not even clear when you drink it?

8. You're asking my why I'm upset (read #9)
9. You're bragging, like you'd recommend others try this recipe.

... Are you serious?

Last edited:
Xcaret, I'm glad you enjoy your wine. That is the point, after all. By the way, a vino meter will only be accurate if the wine is absolutely dry. If there is any sugar remaining the reading is not correct.

I'm sure it works; it worked back in the day, or we wouldnt be making it now. That's not to say you cant do a lot better with a little more effort.

A hydrometer is a instrument that measures the density of a liquid, in our case - sugars (mostly). It can measure the alcohol level of your wine, but you have to use it more than once. Atleast once in the beginning, and once in the end. The difference in the numbers, ran through a simple formula, will tell you within 1% +/- what the ABV of your wine is.

(Starting SG - Final SG) / .735 = .####
.#### = ##.## % ABV

Example:

1.085 - 0.995 = 0.09
0.09 / .735 = .1224
= 12.24 % ABV

1. You dont use a hydrometer?
2. You dont use campden tablets/k-meta?
3. You what?! Ferment an an airtight container? No airlock?
4. You dont rack at all?
5. No carboy?
6. You dont siphon? You scoop and pour?
7. It's not even clear when you drink it?

8. You're asking my why I'm upset (read #9)
9. You're bragging, like you'd recommend others try this recipe.

... Are you serious?

Deezil, I would not worry too much about it. Some things won't change. In fact i would not be surprised if you are being trolled. BTW, nowadays we are supposed to use my ABV equation (;

Yep, and what Gregin said about the vinometer

Back