Mosti Mondiale All Juice or

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chip1

Reaction score
Okay! First-time poster here and very new to wine making but I've got that sinking feeling that the wine has somehow gotten under my skin. I've been reading some of the forum threads here for several days now and it seems that most of you know that feeling...

I've got a couple of kits under my belt but still finding my way a little. I've got an empty primary screaming for another batch and I'm considering the Mosti Original Alljuice Chardonnay. The goal is for more of an early drinker (therefore the Chardonnay), and to try a new brand and type of kit. So far I've done a Wine Expert 16L and a Cellar Craft 12L. Therefore, the Alljuice would be a little different. Price is comparable with the WE 16L kit though so that makes me wonder about quality...

I've read a bit about these kits and there is some good feedback and some pretty average feedback too. So I'm wondering what the overall benefit of these 23L kits is verses concentrates or blends? Is it a fuller flavor?

I made half a dozen AJ Red's. None were good enough to ever make again. I would skip the AJ's myself.

First... Welcome to the forum fellow Nutmegger!

Of the ~10 kits I've done I liked the MM Alljuice White Zinfandel the least. Wife and I stole a taste of a 9L RJS White Zinfandel just before putting it into a few months bulk aging - we found we liked the RJS wine, early as it was, better than the MM made earlier.

Welcome!

The MM all-juice kits aren't very popular, despite the fact that they are 23L. I did one montepulciano quite awhile ago and it was good, but I didn't have another brand of kit to compare it to.

I suspect you'll find you can find a kit with some oak included (if you like oak in your chardonnay) that will have more body and flavor. When I am evaluating a kit I will usually go to Finevinewine's website, search for the varietal, and then look at the descriptions for each kit that show comparisons of oak intensity, body, juice volume, etc. I typically find that I like the more full-bodied kits and they may not be the ones with the most juice volume.

I haven't done a chardonnay yet, only the marvasia chardonnay kit. I did recently make the south african chenin blanc, and it is a great early-drinking white.

Heather

I think the MM All Juice kits are actually just reconstituted juice/concentrate. In other words, they are not inherently superior versus other kits because they are 23L. If you want 23L of actual juice, you're going to have to get a hold of grapes or order some frozen juice.

In my opinion, based on what I have heard, there are better kits you can with your money.

My experience with the Original All Juice kits is that the reds are wanting and the whites are okay. I also believe, as Southern Chemist stated above, that they are just reconstituted kits, so you are essentially partially paying to ship water. I would stick with a good 16 liter kit (which to me is Cellar Craft Showcase or RJS Winery Series or En Premier) and add my own water.

Why not order juice from M&M Wine Grape Co. You will have to get your own oak, yeast, nutrient, fining agents, etc but the cost is well worth the risk. Your can get frozen juice or must.

Thanks for the info...

MrKevin, ordering M&M Wine Grape Co is in my future - that's for sure. Just not yet. I want some easy stuff first then move up to that next level so to speak. They carry lots of MM AllJuice kits and I want to support my local bricks and mortar supplier, which is why I asked this question here. They also carry concentrate kits so looks like I will lean that route for now. Guys in that store are pretty helpful and they've got tons of wine stuff...

Latest posts

Back