WineXpert Winexpert Albarino

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Handy Turnip

Reaction score
I've got this kit on order, and it's due this month at some point. It's a limited release so it's a new on me (not sure if it's been released previously). I'm a big Albarino fan so have high hopes, but just wondered if anyone else had done this one yet?

So I kicked this off today, I've got high hopes! It came with two yeasts - K1-V1116 and EC1116. Thought for second about only going with the K1-V1116 but decided to play it straight with the instructions.Got a nice opening sg of 1.092.

The website description of this one is:
"The fruity palate is rich with orchard fruit flavours, vibrant grapefruit and lime, complemented with subtle floral undertones.
Fresh and zesty with mouth-watering acidity and light salinity on the finish"

Good luck. I’m trying to grow Albariño in my small Northeastern Virginia vineyard. Im anxious to hear how your batch turns out.

just got mine, and yes I like any Spanish wines, I intend to go right by the directions < however anyone who knows my work, knows all add a twist, in this case, a bit of tannin and grapefruit zest to pick up the brightness.

Grapefruit zest is great. If you want a real grapefruit taste to a wine, try adding grapefruit juice in place of some of the water to a kit. I did a Sav Blanc/grapefruit juice batch that is just perfect.

No that’s not what happens , hve you ever used just the zest ((1/2 ) if a grapefruit in the fermentation process only??

It adds acidity and a crispness to the finish ( not the taste )9

I just tasted this one. Nice. Fruity, smooth, alsmost silky. I did not use the EC1118 yeats.

just got mine, and yes I like any Spanish wines, I intend to go right by the directions < however anyone who knows my work, knows all add a twist, in this case, a bit of tannin and grapefruit zest to pick up the brightness.
How much tannin and how much grapefruit zest do you add? I have one of these Albarino kits ready to start this weekend.

1/2 teaspoon tannins , half a whole grapefruit zest in to the primary

M way and it’s spot on

Attachments

• IMG_1586.jpeg
    IMG_1586.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1452.jpeg
    IMG_1452.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1453.jpeg
    IMG_1453.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1464.jpeg
    IMG_1464.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1467.jpeg
    IMG_1467.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1462.jpeg
    IMG_1462.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1463.jpeg
    IMG_1463.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1309.jpeg
    IMG_1309.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1307.jpeg
    IMG_1307.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
The Blanc is simply that Blanc , yes very much so.
Give it some taste and character, in the past Blanc was used as a filler wine., just sayin 🍷

Back