A friendly hello from a newbie in Philly

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LongShot

Junior
Reaction score
Hello ALL!!

WOW! The plethora of information contained in this site is almost as expansive as the infinite variations, and complexities of the wonderful, ancient beverage that brings us all here! The only question is, where to begin?

I am a 29 year old resident of the Philly area, who fell in love with all that is wine after a trip to the finger lakes in my early 20's. My knowledge base of varietals, regions, and tasting is slowly expanding, but I have to say, the wine produced in the finger lakes is still my favorite. The one constant that draws me to the area, which can be found in any variety up there, whether it be a Vidal Blanc ice wine, or a Baco Noir, or a Meritage blend, is the amazing, earthy aromatics the wine offers. A unique quality I cannot seem to find anywhere else. To me, simply irresistible!

But anyway, I am in the clearing stage of my first attempt at brewing wine! It's a WineExpert Sangiovese, and am so excited to see how it turns out!!
Thank you all for the info shared on this site!

"Love is the shadow that ripens the wine"

Welcome to the forum! We are glad you found your way here. Lots of good people here who have lots of good information so if you have a question just ask and you will receive mutiple responses in no time..

Welcome to the forum. Anything you want, you'll find here. I'm kinda' new myself. This place has been a big help.

Hello ALL!!

WOW! The plethora of information contained in this site is almost as expansive as the infinite variations, and complexities of the wonderful, ancient beverage that brings us all here! The only question is, where to begin?

WOW all those big words, are you saying something bad about us not college educated folks! LMAO only kidding and welcome to this forum. We are glad you found us and feel free to ask questions any time. Keep us posted on your new kit and we'll be glad to walk you through it!

LOL! No, no. It's only in my excitement, and love for the wine that brings out such colorful vocabulary! Haha. Thanks guys, I know I will have many questions for you! I've been on the phone with my supplier so much since I started brewing. I can give 'em a break now. :)

WOW all those big words, are you saying something bad about us not college educated folks! LMAO only kidding and welcome to this forum. We are glad you found us and feel free to ask questions any time. Keep us posted on your new kit and we'll be glad to walk you through it!

Wait are saying we should go to college for wine? Cue the arguement haha!

Welcome to the forum

Latest posts

Back