Hello everyone!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MustyMike

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I’ve been browsing the site for a while now, and I’ve found a ton of useful information. I literally just pitched my yeast in my first batch of wine 20 minutes ago and I’m confident I’ll have success with all your guys’ info. A little about me, I operate a retail greenhouse in central Ohio and I have a copious amount of plant knowledge, including all the fruits we make into wine, and I would love to help out anyone who is trying to grow something. I am 27 with a wife and 2 kids and have recently picked up winemaking as a new hobby, and I feel it fits right in with my current hobby of growing things. My first batch is a strawberry banana dessert wine, and it looks and tastes great so far. With that said I can’t wait to learn from some of the best. Cheers y’all. See you around 😎👍🏻

i have 24 gal of skeeter pee port, 20 gallon of elderberry/blackberry mix,,,, 13 gal of strawberry, 18 gal of banana, 13 gal DD Dragons Blood, all in secondary ail locked carboys, if you get to needing glass carboys packagingdirect.com you buy at least $149 and shipping is free that's 34 for not just italian carboys, but premeitam carboys,
Dawg

i have 24 gal of skeeter pee port, 20 gallon of elderberry/blackberry mix,,,, 13 gal of strawberry, 18 gal of banana, 13 gal DD Dragons Blood, all in secondary ail locked carboys, if you get to needing glass carboys packagingdirect.com you buy at least $149 and shipping is free that's 34 for not just italian carboys, but premeitam carboys,
Dawg
I have seen the skeeter pee port pictures and I think that is next in my fermenter! Good looking out on the link, I am definitely going to need more carboys lol

@hounddawg you especially. Fruit wines intrigue me the most and you seem to be the resident expert. Look forward to chatting with you.
no i'm closer to the village idiot, but my wine suits me, and sadly, most everyone in the counties around me...these ladies and gentlemen are some of the top winemakers ,first it takes patience and , love, once you learn the basics, then you can do only as you please, oops i meant as your wife pleases,, lol
Dawg

I have seen the skeeter pee port pictures and I think that is next in my fermenter! Good looking out on the link, I am definitely going to need more carboys lol
packagingoptions.com you spend $149 and shipping is free, 6 gal carboys $34 each,,,,, free shipping on wine bottles and great price per case,, homebrewohio.com .... all my carboys are italian but these premium italian carboy are heavier, I just added 11 more,,
Dawg

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I’ve been browsing the site for a while now, and I’ve found a ton of useful information. I literally just pitched my yeast in my first batch of wine 20 minutes ago and I’m confident I’ll have success with all your guys’ info. A little about me, I operate a retail greenhouse in central Ohio and I have a copious amount of plant knowledge, including all the fruits we make into wine, and I would love to help out anyone who is trying to grow something. I am 27 with a wife and 2 kids and have recently picked up winemaking as a new hobby, and I feel it fits right in with my current hobby of growing things. My first batch is a strawberry banana dessert wine, and it looks and tastes great so far. With that said I can’t wait to learn from some of the best. Cheers y’all. See you around 😎👍🏻
Hi Mike, Welcome! Whereabouts in Central Ohio? I live in the rolling hills of Knox county (God's country). F.Y.I......since you like banana, did you know that Giant Eagle sells large bags of ripened bananas for 99 cents? Quite a buy for alot of bananas!

Dawg
Morning Dawg, good to hear you back on the site. What is a Premeitam carboy?.............Dizzy

Morning Dawg, good to hear you back on the site. What is a Premeitam carboy?.............Dizzy
thicker glass, and that is a killer price, around $34 for a 6 gal carboy that is as long as you spend $149 or more, i bought 11,,,,6-gal, dang i'll be waiting for my elderberries, fingers crossed looks like a bumper crop this year, peach trees as well,,,,
Dawg,,

Elderberries and the dreaded green goo. LOL, good luck with it, Arne.
AW Arne,, sip on some fortified/ported wine and cant see no goo,, lol
you can bet i am already laying back vegetable oil and Dawn dishwashing liquid ,, i ran a steer up to the butcher shop today, about 50 miles one way in MO., OMG, i could not believe the amounts of elderberry ,, jeeze i have never seen so much elderberry flowers in my life, my brother got sick of hearing about me talking about,,cutting a breezeway between 2 spare bedrooms and a ton more carboys, but i know i can't, i'm working real hard to make sure to not break the 100 gallon law per year,,
PS at the butcher in koshkonong MQ,They said that the waiting list is a year and a half now for butcher, and those closer in AR, are running at around a 2 year waiting list, the news can say what they want, but them kind of waiting lists prove people are preparing for bad times a coming,,, when we booked it was a 2 month wait for us, we have used this same butcher shop for almost 40 years now, until now the longest we ever waited to haul our animals up has been a week,
Dawg

AW Arne,, sip on some fortified/ported wine and cant see no goo,, lol
you can bet i am already laying back vegetable oil and Dawn dishwashing liquid ,, i ran a steer up to the butcher shop today, about 50 miles one way in MO., OMG, i could not believe the amounts of elderberry ,, jeeze i have never seen so much elderberry flowers in my life, my brother got sick of hearing about me talking about,,cutting a breezeway between 2 spare bedrooms and a ton more carboys, but i know i can't, i'm working real hard to make sure to not break the 100 gallon law per year,,
PS at the butcher in koshkonong MQ,They said that the waiting list is a year and a half now for butcher, and those closer in AR, are running at around a 2 year waiting list, the news can say what they want, but them kind of waiting lists prove people are preparing for bad times a coming,,, when we booked it was a 2 month wait for us, we have used this same butcher shop for almost 40 years now, until now the longest we ever waited to haul our animals up has been a week,
Dawg
Dawg, butchering is a little easier here in Ohio. Just last week an Amish neighbor butchered a cow, ground the meat, and cut the tenderloin for me all in an afternoon!........................................Dizzy

Back