Hello All

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can tweak an expense kit also to give it more depth.
The pricing is getting out of hand not really affordable to most , just my thoughts
Honestly it is amazing that they can sell juice for that price, but it is relative to the cost of wine. If you usually spend $10-15 on a bottle, then making a $5 bottle is saving a lot of money.

The cheap kits I buy are still around $80, so just under $3 a bottle is about as low as I can get with a kit.

I guess it depends on where you are in the US, too. Liquor is expensive in Canada. Lots of tax is hidden in the price. I can't recall seeing a bottle of wine under $10 in many years, and I have paid $13 for a large bottle of vodka in the US, where we pay $50 here. No matter which kits I choose I am always winning making wine over purchasing.

I am fond of the RJS Cru Specialty dessert wine 3 gallon kits. Those prices jumped this year compared to last - $125 up to $150). It seems even the wine cooler kits that were $69 last year are $99 this year.
Yes indeed my point exactly

Believe me I have tasted good white wine from Italy at 3 per bottle abd from Spain in our locale liquor store

Can’t get over the pricing , $200 plus hiw do thy expect to sell these ??
I’m not cheat butt there is a limited supply on cash as well as people who can afford to buy at that price.

I’m not cheat butt there is a limited supply on cash as well as people who can afford to buy at that price.
Went to my local wine and beer supply shop yesterday, bought 2 of the new rjs dessert wine kits for $125 a piece, Last year they were $99. I asked about the LE WineXpert Preorder kits and was told they’d be $175 this year, they were $150 last year. Owner told me the shipping expenses just keep going up and up. This will be the first time in 6 years I’ve never bought a LE WineXpert kit and next year I probably won’t be buying any more dessert kits because they just cost too much. I’ll just drink what I have on hand which is about 400 bottles of red wines and wait it out for clearance sales online.

I'm really hoping the FWKs I'm making turn out to be some really great wine. I am quite hopeful based on most of the talk here. They are very affordable on sale as well.

Went to my local wine and beer supply shop yesterday, bought 2 of the new rjs dessert wine kits for $125 a piece, Last year they were $99. I asked about the LE WineXpert Preorder kits and was told they’d be $175 this year, they were $150 last year. Owner told me the shipping expenses just keep going up and up. This will be the first time in 6 years I’ve never bought a LE WineXpert kit and next year I probably won’t be buying any more dessert kits because they just cost too much. I’ll just drink what I have on hand which is about 400 bottles of red wines and wait it out for clearance sales online.
Yes I agree , and we’re not alone I’ll bet.
Paying $ 250 plus for a wine kit isn’t for me but that’s just me .
Tweaking cheaper wine kits will just continue to grow

Last edited:
Anybody see the new Pre-order wine Revelation from WineXpert? Seems it’s $175, free shipping but it only makes 3 gallons. I’ve never seen one offered like this. Premium juice from California.

Attachments

• IMG_9790.png
    IMG_9790.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Anybody see the new Pre-order wine Revelation from WineXpert? Seems it’s $175, free shipping but it only makes 3 gallons. I’ve never seen one offered like this. Premium juice from California.
I seen that- I was tempting to buy 2 kits and make 6 gal. The experimental side of me really wanted to pull the trigger.

The side of me that experienced kit taste on the last WE kit i made pumped the brakes.

Considering it's ends up being over $10/bottle is high. It would need to be VERY promising.

I have two WE Reserve kits going into a 15 gal barrel with a FWK merlot to top off. If these finish out better than expected next year, I'll consider trying something like this from WE next time. To date, they haven't shown me they are worthy of this price point.

Edit... with tax, thats nearly 13/Bottle. I take back the comment of VERY PROMISING and I'll change it to GUARANTEED AMAZING.

Last edited:
I seen that- I was tempting to buy 2 kits and make 6 gal. The experimental side of me really wanted to pull the trigger.

The side of me that experienced kit taste on the last WE kit i made pumped the brakes.

Considering it's ends up being over $10/bottle is high. It would need to be VERY promising.

I have two WE Reserve kits going into a 15 gal barrel with a FWK merlot to top off. If these finish out better than expected next year, I'll consider trying something like this from WE next time. To date, they haven't shown me they are worthy of this price point.

Edit... with tax, thats nearly 13/Bottle. I take back the comment of VERY PROMISING and I'll change it to GUARANTEED AMAZING.
There going to price themselves out of the hight end kit market for sure

Interesting, because I have never tried the limited edition, but the global passport series from vineco is notable better. Both red and white, but more notable in the big, bold reds. They both come from the same parent company, so how much different could they be?
So WinExpert = VineCo ??

Latest posts

Back