Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikejapan

Reaction score
Is it just me or does it seem like 2008 was a good year for inexpensive wines? There seems to be many good ones out there. Does anyone know why?

Mike, that depends on which wines you are referencing. As to the quality of the vintage, it was a fair year for California and Washington, good for New York and Oregon. Good for Germany, bad in France and fair for other parts of Europe. I would guess that in general the demand would be lower than other years leading ot a lower price.

That was pretty much the start of the recession. Wine sales went into a tailspin that year and there could be lots of old inventory in certain parts of the country/world. You didn't give much specific info on what wines you were referring to as an example so kinda hard to tell what you mean precisely.

I mostly go for Shiraz but I like to try other full bodied reds and I'm always looking for a deal. I follow wineguider.com and have some found a few through them.

Latest posts

Back