you are all bad bad people

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bg7mm

Reaction score
thanks to you all and this forum, i purchased my first beer kit. so here we go, now we start making beer and i don't drink beer. i guess it was in the alignment of planets after spending way to much time here watching all of you having way to much fun. so i hopped on the fermentation wagon too. low and behold, last night, i see theres a cheese page. i like cheese, the grand baby likes cheese too. looks like i'll be thinking bad thoughts about you all in the coming months again when i start stinking up the house here making cheese?

gotta find a good explanation for the wifey. any and all suggestions appreciated and strongly expected being it's you guys that got me into this troubled predicament

thanks a lot buddies

Bud

Hey Bud , Don't look to me how to explain to your wife the smell. I told the wife last night I mixed three batches of wine yesterday and her answer was "guess you're going to need another carboy." Yup I guess so ! Bakervinyard

Bud,

Forget the beer!!! :) Just make more wine and the fall is a good time to start making cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

julie, the past two days have been spent trying to find someone to ship me regina juice buckets. have not found anyone after numerous calls that will ship, which is likely a good thing but i can't bring myself to admit it. so we're doing wine kits, racked a shiraz into secondary this evening. the pile of fermenters and carboys are all empty and giving me a sicking feeling in my gut. well, thats what i told darla, (on a side note she just rolled her eyes and turned and walked away) she just doesn't understand me after all these years together. i think it's not the wine i'm addicted to but intently watching the little gas bubbles rise with my flashlight alongside the glass carboy . yea, thats my story and i'm sticking to it

Top 10 reasons to give to your wife for cheese brewing smells

10. If you would do a load of laundry every now and then, the house might not smell this bad.

9. It's those darn cats again, I told you they stank. Can we give them away now?

8. I turned on the TV and the 2012 presidential candidates were both on the screen at the same time. I think this means they both stink.

7. What smell?

6. Smell that? Thats the smell of spoiled carboy glass. I told you over and over again not to leave the light on in the basement, now I have to buy all new brewing equipment.

5. I think you should try this new technique that's been proven to eliminate most odors. It's called bathing.

4. Open all the cheese containers, rapidly fan the fumes into her face and in your best James Earl Jones voice, proudly proclaim "Behold, the power of cheese!"

3. Scowl, stare at her feet and say "I'm glad you finally noticed."

2. That smell is a hormone released by adult males who are sex deprived. Twice a day keeps the smell away.

And the number 1 reason to give your wife to explain away cheese brewing smells.....

1. Sorry for the smell, your mother stopped by.

Your wife either has a well developed sense of humor, or you're living single right now. Some of those were WAY out of line. Funny, but out of line.

dessertmaker!! I just had to sound off on your rationale (see my responses in **____**. Good sense of humor you. I even want to make beer even though I do not make beer, so far I have been strong. BUT, the cheesemaking---I have maintained by making soft, cream cheese like creations from my yogurts and milk kefir; though I seriously am considering getting myself a true kit for the holidays. I do not think I will last much longer.

Top 10 reasons to give to your wife for cheese brewing smells

10. If you would do a load of laundry every now and then, the house might not smell this bad. ***Hence the purchase of scented detergent and laundry sheets**

9. It's those darn cats again, I told you they stank. Can we give them away now? ***stinking cats, who needs those stinking cats?***

8. I turned on the TV and the 2012 presidential candidates were both on the screen at the same time. I think this means they both stink. **self explanatory**

7. What smell? **obviously a skilled fermenter**

6. Smell that? Thats the smell of spoiled carboy glass. I told you over and over again not to leave the light on in the basement, now I have to buy all new brewing equipment. **LOVE IT**

5. I think you should try this new technique that's been proven to eliminate most odors. It's called bathing. ***ooh, do not say that one unless you want to be in the doghouse with the cats and the cheese***

4. Open all the cheese containers, rapidly fan the fumes into her face and in your best James Earl Jones voice, proudly proclaim "Behold, the power of cheese!" ****I can see this in my head****

3. Scowl, stare at her feet and say "I'm glad you finally noticed." **hmmm....**

2. That smell is a hormone released by adult males who are sex deprived. Twice a day keeps the smell away. ***so obviously written by a MALE...female response: go away, better yet--go get a drink or three***

And the number 1 reason to give your wife to explain away cheese brewing smells.....

1. Sorry for the smell, your mother stopped by. ***see #5***

Actually believe it or not, none of these would put me in the doghouse. :)

Allow me to brag. My wife and I have known each other since we were kids. We fought all the time. It was so much fun that we got married so that we could fight more conveniently.

We were high school sweethearts andl act like we never graduated. If I were to pop off with any of my top 10, she would roll her eyes, put her hand on her hip and say something like "that's not what your DAD said last night."

Either that or she'd hit me with the spoon I used to stir the cheese and laugh at the whey on my face.

Honestly aI think you get a much better product from a god wine kit over a bucket of Regina juice.

Second that!

:sm WADE I THINK YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT,THE QUALITY OF THE PRODUCT IN FRESH JUICE FORMAT HAS SLOWLY DROPPED IN QUALITY THE OVER THE LAST 5 YEARS................BOUGH JUICE FROM WALKERS AND LET ME TELL ALL OF YOU, THE DIFFERENCE IN QUALITY IN THE JUICE IS REMARKABLE,AROMA (DIFFERENT EACH ONE)FERMENTATION STRONG,TASTE, WHEN THE PRODUCT IS FINISHED IS EXCELLENT,DO TO A HIGHER PROPORTION OF CONCENTRATE TO JUICE AND THE DIFFERENT WINE TYPES IN TASTE...............BETTER ALL AROUND VALUE:mny
IMAGINE TASTE,AROMA,AND FLAVOR WITHOUT FRANKENSTEINING A WINE.....VERY COOL:db

Last edited:
thanks wade

Honestly aI think you get a much better product from a god wine kit over a bucket of Regina juice.

i needed a good knock upside the head, thanks

will stick with kits, waiting on a riesling ice wine kit now from the link dan posted

question, whats an ice wine? never made one before, are there differences between an ice wine and a regular good wine kit?

:sm WADE I THINK YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT,THE QUALITY OF THE PRODUCT IN FRESH JUICE FORMAT HAS SLOWLY DROPPED IN QUALITY THE OVER THE LAST 5 YEARS................BOUGH JUICE FROM WALKERS AND LET ME TELL ALL OF YOU, THE DIFFERENCE IN QUALITY IN THE JUICE IS REMARKABLE,AROMA (DIFFERENT EACH ONE)FERMENTATION STRONG,TASTE, WHEN THE PRODUCT IS FINISHED IS EXCELLENT,DO TO A HIGHER PROPORTION OF CONCENTRATE TO JUICE AND THE DIFFERENT WINE TYPES IN TASTE...............BETTER ALL AROUND VALUE:mny
IMAGINE TASTE,AROMA,AND FLAVOR WITHOUT FRANKENSTEINING A WINE.....VERY COOL:db
Joe, I guess living within an hour of Walkers is not a bad thing then, huh!
Even better is having three wineries right near by that sell their fresh juice. Walkers sells the fruit juices though that you cant buy at wineries.

Latest posts

Back