wooden fruit press question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grapemaker

Junior
Reaction score
I have seen on here that some 1 had made a fruit press out of oak there was a photo of it but cant find it does any 1 know were I would go on hered to locate photos of home made fruit presses the other question I have is when making a wooden fruit press would a dressing oil work to seal the wood on the side the the Jucie comes in contact with again Im using oak thanks for all your help

I think it would do fine, a polyurethane would work also but you really dont have to do any of that.

fruit smasher/juicer

Just thought Id post once more since my last posting I have built a fruit smasher/Juiceer total build time was around 7 hrs Im amazed on how well it turned out
John :h

I thought it looked good as well! How will you press your fruit? Would you fill out the rest of your info so we know were you are hailing from?

So did you buy a hardware kit on ebay and furnish your own wood or a kit that included wood?

I agree with JohnT on this stuff. I was just looking it up yesterday.

EZ-DO Polyurethane Gel
Wipe-On Clear Coat - 1 Pint
We have found the perfect protection for your press. It must have a moisture seal on it before use. Lacquer or varnish will work fine, but must be redone every few years, and must be non-toxic and safe for food contact. EZ-DO is a non-toxic polyurethane gel that seals and protects your press in one easy step. This food-safe poly gel is FDA approved.
  • FDA Approved
  • Non-Toxic Safe for Food Contact
  • Lead Free
  • Water & Alcohol Resistant
  • No Runs
  • No Lap Marks
  • Easy Application & Fast Drying
Includes: 2" Chip Brush, Pair of gloves, and a rag.

NOTE: This product can only be shipped via ground service to the 48 contiguous United States and Canada.

Price: $32.00
Quantity:

Back