WMT (Unofficial) Welch's Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this contest only for wine? I started a cider yesterday made from Welch's frozen apple juice...

With the holidays coming up I decided to put my wine on a fast track.

I mixed the welch's, oak, sugar, yeast, kmeta, sorbate, sparkolloid, and more sugar to back sweeten. It's in a carboy bulk aging.

Catch me if you can.

Haven't started mine yet. I'm counting on the yeast from the old running shoe to kick my fermentation off. I haven't found a shoe that smells yeasty enough yet.

Hey Danger, count me in!!! Gonna bring home the gold for us central Ohio winos...i mean vinters. lol

All things considered.....I guess it could have been worse.....

Though I'm five ft four inches. Manthing is six two. He had to get a lot of it just because I couldn't reach.

I see the BS has commenced! Excellent! We love a spirited contest! Looks like the creative juices are flowing. I'll add the recent entrant to the list in the OP. Thanks for joining us!

I still haven't decided what to make. I'll probably make several, just to mix things up. Send in one and drink the rest.

I have nowhere to go but up! Right Arne! :spm

Edit: Seventeen competitors! Wow! Check the OP and make sure you are all on the list. Let me know if I've missed someone.

Last edited:
Is this contest only for wine? I started a cider yesterday made from Welch's frozen apple juice...

Sorry, Fabiola, it is a wine contest. There's still plenty of time. If you want to join, get a Welch's wine going! :dg

Well Dave, I see my name added to the list so I guess my "maybe" is an "I will". Let the games begin.

Thanks, Mike. I'm not much for boasting, though. I find winning as a perceived underdog much more satisfying. :n

As many entries as there are, think it mite be a little hard to come up with a winner. After the first few swallows, they all taste the same. My entry is already starting out as a disaster, Dave. Still counting on last place. Only hint I can give, the basement is cold, the ferment is slow, and if it doesn't stick, I will be suprised. It was clear down to 1.080 today, going to have to figure out how to hide the alcohol. I didn't realize how much sugar each can had in it. Will figure out somethin tho. Arne.

I plan to make mine unique, Arne, so that it will stand out from the others. Welch's has more than just two flavors. In addition, the white Niagra can be used as a base for just about anything.

It is supposed to turn really cold here. Going to be interesting to see if it will finish out in the cold basement or if I have to bring it upstairs. Time will tell. Arne.

Latest posts

Back