WMT (Unofficial) Dragon Blood Variant Contest

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Work and building the winery have been way too busy for me. You all are ready to taste and I'm no where near ready to send anything in. I'm afraid I'll have to bow out if this one. Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Since the judges have their tasting events set up for this weekend, we will proceed without delay. Sorry to those who failed to (or lacked the time to) send theirs in. Contest on!

Good luck everyone!

Judges...taste away! Enjoy the fruits of your previous victory. Compare and compile and post your results whenever you are ready. You know how it goes.

I did get mine out on Monday, I saw the UPS man take them away. But I may be a little farther west than anyone else, I do hope they get there in time.

I certainly don't understand UPS, the box to OH will not arrive until Tues, however the farther box, to KY should arrive today. :ft :m

Mine won't make it in time. Don't think I was going to win anyways. But please give me your opinion.

I can't speak for Chase, but I'm sure I could set up a secondary tasting event for those who will not arrive by Saturday. My people are pretty easy to round up on short notice.

In related news, any submissions that require any "special treatment" such as chilling suggestions, decanting, etc, needs to let Chase and I know so that we may serve your wine at it's ideal situation.

Dave, if I didn't know any better, I would think your mind was in the gutter...

Today's delivery included CheeseHead and FabricToDyeFor.

Wow, there is a LOT of options here! Ah-Maze-Ing!

Chill my Cherry Sweat as well please. I included that on the label as well. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Glad you got mine, Gina. My Berry Black Dragon should be served at room temperature. Mine's a different kind of Dragon....

I can't speak for Chase, but I'm sure I could set up a secondary tasting event for those who will not arrive by Saturday. My people are pretty easy to round up on short notice.

In related news, any submissions that require any "special treatment" such as chilling suggestions, decanting, etc, needs to let Chase and I know so that we may serve your wine at it's ideal situation.

That sounds great! I have to admit I was a little bummed knowing I missed the tasting.

Chill mine as well

Hmmm, I never tried chilling mine. So either leave it at room temp or chill like everyone elses. Whichever you prefure:) I will see if I can quickly chill a glass and try it both cold and at room temp. Breakfast is a good time to start drinking right! I am gone most of the day, but have a desinated driver:).

Sent from my iPod touch using Wine Making

Hmmm, I never tried chilling mine. So either leave it at room temp or chill like everyone elses. Whichever you prefure:) I will see if I can quickly chill a glass and try it both cold and at room temp. Breakfast is a good time to start drinking right! I am gone most of the day, but have a desinated driver:).

Yes, breakfast is always the best time to start drinking! You cant drink all day unless you start in the morning

Ok. I put it in the freezer for a quick chill down, and forgot it. Its a little stiff! I'm running late so I took a swig of what was liquid and am now frozen! I think its better warm, but I never drink anything cold. Gues you can serve it any way you like. The flavor stayes either way:)

Just to clarify...

I'm not "in charge" of this or any contest. I'm just the semi-unofficial organizer. I'm also a contestant, so once the bottles are sent, the judges have the ball. If they want to wait for their judging to allow others to arrive, it's up to them. I'm not going to tell them what to do. I've tried to be fair in this before, and I end up feeling guilty deciding who to include or exclude based on extended arrival times. We're all adults here. And at this point, we're all at the disposal of our esteemed judges.

Well stated Dave, and I hope it did not sound like I was "angry" at a person. Frustrated with UPS, how can it get from WY to KY by Friday and not from WY to OH by Friday?? Isn't Ohio somewhere in between!! :) It is what it is, I will still want opinions! I happen to love my Berry Black Dragon, but I may be a little biased on that. None of us would be making these great "fast" wines without you, Dave. Thanks for all you do.

Latest posts

Back