WMT (Unofficial) Dragon Blood Variant Contest

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be warned, Willie! I'm sending each of our judges an additional bottle, which will be my original recipe DB. So, they will have something to compare yours to. Let's hope you are up to the "standard". ;) (I'm sure yours is great!)

My entry will be my Sweet Strawberry Tart, a strawberry-lemon version of DB. I'm hoping that the pin-up girl on the label will sway the judges. :D

That pin up girl label sure is a hot one Dave. It fits your wine perfectly. My wife is turning into a wino over this DB wine we been making that there must be something to it.

Will

They are mailed out! And it only cost me as much as it would have to make four batches of wine:)

Sent from my iPod touch using Wine Making

Well, I sent mine with a friend who was going to a town that has a UPS shipping location (yes, I live in the middle of nowhere.) He just brought me the tracking #'s, USPS not UPS, hope they get there.....

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Mine were shipped late this afternoon. Got lucky asked the distribution manager at work what it would cost me to ship them. He told me to bring him one and off they went. If there is a prize for cheapest shipping I think I won. He even had styrofoam wine shipping boxes.??? trust me we dont work in the wine industry not even close.

And $34.00 later, mine is on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Mine was $41.24, but they never asked what was in them:) So that was worth something!

Way too much for shipping....$36 for me, but they got out yesterday! Just a note, it is a felony to ship alcohol through United States Postal Service!!! And why is that??? That must go back to prohibition years....maybe they should re-evaluate that out dated regulation!

Way too much for shipping....$36 for me, but they got out yesterday! Just a note, it is a felony to ship alcohol through United States Postal Service!!! And why is that??? That must go back to prohibition years....maybe they should re-evaluate that out dated regulation!

That must be why they are losing billions!! :wy :)

That must be why they are losing billions!! :wy :)

New election campain stratagie. Increase fedural revanew with postel shipping of alcahol beverages. Make up the defasit in just one year!!

( I failed spelling, can you tell?? Spell check even gave up on me tonight!)

Where are you guys getting these shipping quotes? I can ship 10 pounds across the country by ups for 13 or 14 dollars.

*****Updated*****

I received Rodnboro and Otistechdir's submissions earlier today.

Abit later "Mr. brown" showed up with packages from Jensmith, Dangerdave, and Willie.

Wow, what an amazing variety. Definitely some creative peoples up in here!

PS, my daughter came in from school and immediately went crazy on the bubble wrap!

Last edited:
Where are you guys getting these shipping quotes? I can ship 10 pounds across the country by ups for 13 or 14 dollars.

Location, location, location.
Box size matters as well. I can ship two boxes at the same time to two different sisters. The one farther away gets hers first, and it cost less to ship. Plane tickets are half the cost for over twice the distance as well...
Postal often cost less . Just doubly illegal for shipping wine.

You know how hard it is to save buble wrap in an unpopped state??? I have to hide it if I want to reuse any!

I lied earlier. Finally got mine out the door. $38.34. The one to chase was $14.91 the one to Gina was 23.43. Packing in the smallest box possible helps a lot. Been real busy lately. My labels are made of masking tape

I have received danger daves, otistechdir, jens, lori and mikes, jeremy, willie's, and rodnboro.........hope to receive the rest by sat. I have my tasting planned lol

Today I received drumlinridgewinery and Kraffty. I've planned to have my tasting Saturday. My family is getting together for a cookout, and it seems to be the perfect time.

I suppose we should be getting our heads together for some score cards Chase!

Back