Winner of the Homebrew Supply Floor Corker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a thought

I THINK MY POINT WAS VENDORS CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH AS A SPONSOR THE SUPPORT OF THE MOTHER SHIP IS ALSO NEEDED IN OTHER WAYS TO KEEP THIS FORUM FRESH:db
AND ,DIFFERNT FROM THE OTHERS , AS INFORMATIVE AS POSSIBLE,THAT WAS MY VIEW,.I LIKE THE INTERVIEWS IN THE BEGINNING THEN THERE WERE NONE? THE ITEMS THAT KEPT THE FEELING OF NEW AND DIFFERENT SEAM TO HAVE FADED IN TO ADVERTIZING,NOTHINGS WRONG WITH THAT ,THAT'S BUSINESS ,THE QUESTION I PUT OUT THERE IS HOW DO WE BECOME A BETTER FORUM AND STAY NEW . WE CAN'T TAKE WHAT WE WHERE FOR GRANTED,AGREE? DISAGREE?:h

Thanks Paul -
I will ask my tax account again as she is registered as an IRS agent.

But I did google it a bit and came up that you can only deduct 25 dollars per person. This is definitely why I hire people for this !

The point is I don't have a issue donating a product to which I support - like this website.

Steve, to deduct from your federal taxes, it might need to meet a certain dollar figure before you can use it but you should be able to take it from your state taxes.

:brwhy doesn't TX brew sponsor a wine contest bi yearly and offer a wine kit to those who are winners 1,2,and 3, under the conditions they need to advise us on their progress and finished work.JOHNT and I did the last contest and had 30 people enter with multiple entrées, we are a wine making forum lets see if we can start some creative interest in our finished products and not, just a give away with know feedback or outcome. These are just my thoughts ,nothing personal .Does anyone disagree? :sl:sl:sl:sl:sl:sl:sl:sl:sl:sl:sl:sl:sl:sl:sl:sl:sl
does anyone AGREE? :db

Joe I won one of the kit giveaways and just posted an update on that kit and I see the other winner had posted under the same thread. He's got his bottled already! A lil jealous

Steve, you may wish to take a closer look at IRS Publication 535. I am no accountant, but sure seems to me this would be a deductible business expense. (Please note that I am not encouraging you to do or give away anything! Just trying to help....)

Yes, it falls under advertising. retailers and car dealers have been doing it for years. And not out of the goodness of their heart.

@ Lori -
We definitely missed having you around on this forum and all ! !

I believe the whole tax thing has something to do with being a manufacture rather than just a distributor - but I will look into it. But I still like supporting this forum no matter about tax right off or not -

So many people think that you own a business so you do certain things for a tax break to benefit yourself - this is not one of those cases - I enjoy it !!

@ Joe
Yes I also miss all the articles and vintners chair that Austin first started.
Not sure why they stopped ?

I would like to see some of those guests turn into members so we also can gain from all their knowledge in winemaking or answer any questions or concerns that they may have as well.

I believe that the giveaway helps nudge some of those to become members in order to put there name in the sweepstakes.

Yes but Steve we would like to see you get something out of it too!

I do !
Winemakers will make comments and reviews about the Allinonewinepump and talk to other winemakers and show them their own product. I believe the word of mouth is the best way to promote anything.

I get to talk to other winemakers about there questions and concerns either about the pump or just wine making in general. I just got off the phone with a gentleman for the past 25 minutes and he really made my day !

:brwhy doesn't TX brew sponsor a wine contest bi yearly and offer a wine kit to those who are winners 1,2,and 3, under the conditions they need to advise us on their progress and finished work.JOHNT and I did the last contest and had 30 people enter with multiple entrées, we are a wine making forum lets see if we can start some creative interest in our finished products and not, just a give away with know feedback or outcome. These are just my thoughts ,nothing personal .Does anyone disagree? :sl:sl:sl:sl:sl:sl:sl:sl:sl:sl:sl:sl:sl:sl:sl:sl:sl
does anyone AGREE? :db

Maybe ..... We have a wine contest where you all send me wine and myself and a group "judge" this wine to declare a winner? eh? eh? Works for me.

TexBrew

can you pm me I can't seam to add pics, this happened once before and it was at your end of the forum ,.

Jalousie

BARBIEK,REALLY??? :h JUST MAKING A POINT :ot: ,THANK YOU.

IMG_20151129_123107946_HDR.jpg

IMG_20151129_123121095.jpg

IMG_20151129_123154721.jpg

IMG_20151129_123142242.jpg

IMG_20151129_123223651.jpg

IMG_20151129_123218300.jpg

IMG_20151129_123158858.jpg

IMG_20151129_123240761.jpg

IMG_20151129_123132963_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
we are a wine making forum lets see if we can start some creative interest in our finished products

I would like to see a new "Tweak" Forum that is somewhere between "Recipes" and "Kit Winemaking".

A person posts the kit they are making, the tweaks they are doing, and comment on why they are doing the tweak (what they hope to accomplish).

I can appreciate it when Joe says to "Think outside the box", but if I am going to add Bananas, how much and when, and to what effect (add body?).

Having a forum dedicated to tweaks would make it easier to find tweaks that may be applicable. Maybe instead of Manufacture's name (like the Kit forum), it would be Red/White, or even Red Premium, Red Mid-range, Red Low-end, White Premium, White Mid-range, White Low-End. Tweaks for Reds may be different than tweaks for Whites, and what you do to a Premium kit may be more subtle than what you might try with a low-end kit.

Something like: I started with a mid-range Cabernet kit. After stabilizing, added X pounds of frozen blackberries - similar to the Island Mist Blackberry Cab.

Rich great idea !

I would like to se more people get involved within this forum.

Latest posts

Back