winexpert kit question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldnut

Reaction score
I am making a batch of Blackberry cabernet. Last time I made this I thought it was a little too sweet. Can I NOT add all the sweetener from the F pack to get less of a sweet wine? Will this affect the end results in a negative way? Thank you, Ken

I am guessing this is a mist or cornucopia kind of wine. Anyhow, lots of folks use at least half of the pack at first to be fermented that way the remaining part will not make it as sweet. I plan on making one of these soon and I will probably use at least half if not 3/4's of the flavor pack before ferment.

Yes it is an Island mist. I already started the kit so adding 1/2 the f pack before fermentation is not an option. I am going to be at step 3 in two days and that is when you are suppose to add the f pack. This is when I was planning to add just 1/2. From what you have said, it sounds like it will be fine to do it the way I am thinking. Thanks

First of all it's your wine and if you like it that is all that counts. But for my money I do not believe the juice is a good enough quality to stand alone. I think this wine needs the F pack or at least half. If you plan to add all of the F pack to the primary IMHO you would have a much better wine by just making a Cabernet.

Thanks Dawg! I think I will add 1/2 and if it isnt to my liking I will add more to taste. Thanks for the input! Ken

It is not too late to add 1/2 of the f-pack now (while still fermenting). Stir it in well, and maybe extend getting to step 3 by a few extra days. there should be enough residual yeast to ferment the f-pack addition.

island mist or tweaked kits

this kit comes out on the sweet side the base itself doesn't have much strength to keep up with the introduction of the fpac,on the other hand as made by manufactures specs,not that great on acholo,the key is to boost the abv in the primary and add only 1/2 the fpac to taste at the finish or add a fresh blackberry fpac and just some of the kit for balance,. REMEMBER OAK IN THE PRIMARY AND TANNINS IN THE SECONDARY FOR BODY AND BALANCE.

1.jpg

6a.jpg

13.jpg

IMG_20150204_145531944.jpg

Latest posts

Back