WineXpert WineExpert World Vineyard Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkcook

Reaction score
Has anyone tried any of the new 10L World Vineyard kits? I'm thinking about trying one.

We just bottled a California White Trinity and the wife was pleased with the small sample she tried.

I tried two VRs and at first was very disappointed, but now that each has had some bottle time they are starting to improve quite a bit. With the World Vineyard kits having 10L of juice (2.5L more than the VR), I'm thinking there should be an improvement.

Thanks Masta and Appleman for the replies! I think I just may do one of these now.

I have a World Vineyards Italian Pinot Grigio still fermenting. Itshould be ready to stabilize this weekend. I didn't know this was a new type of kit. I was in a local shop and saw the pinot and had to try it. Sorry I can't report on the finished product yet.

I bottle the Cal. Trinity Red two weeks ago and was very pleased with the outcome. It seemed a little thin, but knowing it will improve with time, I found the taste to be very good. I have several high end kits going, and plan to use this as a supplement to drink prior to the higher end kits ready date. (won't touch them for a year).

Goodluck

Francie

Francie, I also have the Trinity Red fermenting, actually ready for stabilizing and clearing today!!! Did you bulk age yours at all?I am thinking about letting mine sit for a few months?

Opened a bottle of the California Trinity White last night and it was a big hit...Deb said "ooooooooh I love this wine and please order a few more kits"
smiley20.gif

So I did since I always do what I am told!
smiley36.gif

Well, I'm interested in the Australian Shiraz, but think maybe a white would be a better choice with a 10L kit.

My Cal. Trinity Red is getting close.....I plan on letting it bulk age for 1-2 months, do I need to add anything???? I have read some advice on adding K-Meta, will I be too late???

If you don't plan on consuming all of it within 6 months of when you stabilized and added fining agent you should add 1/4 tsp of K-meta.

Masta, can I add it any time? I plan on transferring it from the secondary carboy early next week to a carboy for bulk aging, will that be a good time? Should it be mixed in or just added? Thanks.... as always!!!

Adding it to the carboy after racking is a great time and yes mix it in.

Well I finally have transferedmy Cal. Trinity Red forbulk aging!!! But of course a few more questions come up????? I tasted it and it was fine except for a hint of CO2, how do you know it is fully degassed? WhenI put the air-lock on it showed a slight sign of pressure (assuming CO2), should I do anything? I am planning on letting it sit for 2-3 months.. Thanks

If a taste left you with a hint of CO2, and you are going to bulk age for a couple of months under an air lock, then you have no worries. Even 6 gallons of club soda would go dead flat under those conditions. Absolute degassing is really only necessary under two or three circumstances:

1. You need to bottle very soon.

2. You can't bulk age under an airlock. Maybe the only storage space you have requires that the carboy be on its side.

3. You can't do an extra racking or two to clarify any remaining sediment that resulted from insufficient degassing.

I first made wine in the '80's and had never heard of degassing, clarifiers, or any of the modern technology we take for granted now. Gravity and bulk aging seemed to work fine back then. No reason it shouldn't now.

PeterZ, Thanks I will rest easy tonight!!!My plan is to bulk age it for two months minimum, w/airlock.

My first wine is bottled!!! Thanks to all the help from everyone here, it went pretty smoothly. The pictures ar not the best, I appologize. Fortunatley, I hade one bottle that only ended up half full.....soooo I am drinking that as I type
smiley1.gif
smiley1.gif
smiley1.gif
smiley1.gif
Thanks again!!!
20070331_180902_DSCN2860_Small.JPG
20070331_181000_DSCN2861_Small.JPG
20070331_181058_DSCN2862_Small.JPG

Back