Wine Rack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice. It looks a lot like the ones I made except I added finished sides to them. I did dado the top and bottom rails for support. Did you do this or is it braced another way so it won't sway to the left or right. If you didn't add any extra support I would suggest adding a back to it with some cheap paneling or masonite. Again, great job! :try

Last edited:
Yes, I did dado the bottom and top rails, it was a lot of work. Staining took a long time, wish I could find a way to make it easier. I have another one to stain and assemble. Each one will hold 122 bottles. I have 4 carboys aging and 2 more kits to do. This hobby sure is addicting.

Did you find the plans in the assembly section of Wine Racks America. This is where I got my measurements from. I also made two cube racks that holds 24 bottles each and doubled them up on top of each other.

Nice job on the rack. Are you planning to varnish or shellac them? :b

Great job, Harely. You might want to stain the wood before you assemble it. Then you just have to touch up here and there. I find that a lot easier than staining an assembled piece. Also, if you are worried about it swaying side to side, put four gussets on the back in the four corners. You can make them by cutting plywood into isosceles right triangles and then nailing them into the corners. I would make the sides of the triangle at least 8" long.

I agree with you Rocky I did stain mine before assembly. The corner pieces are a great idea and they only need to be a 1/4" thick. The fact that he did dado the top and bottom rail though, there'll be no reason to do it now.

Very Cool, I keep telling myself I'm gonna do the same but the cube racks are just so easy and cheap to build.
Yours looks sharp.
Good Job:b

Nice job on your racks as far as filling them that might take awhile

Beautiful looking racks! What kind of wood did you use? I made some in a similar style but they do not look nearly as nice as yours do.

I just used regular 1x3 's, I have to stain the second one today and assemble it. The stain in a royal pain.

I just measured one and the squares are 3 1/2 by 3 1/2 and just made the length and height fit my area, oh, they are 10 1/2 wide but the next one I make (cause now all the kids want one) will only be 10" wide.

Latest posts

Back