Wine Quiz

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got 16. Not too bad for a rookie. I may be okay at this obsession. Probably just luck.

19, i screwed up, going too fast. wish school was like that, maybe i'm interested in this

Dang, I missed em all
smiley4.gif

18. I don't know how to say cheers in Ireland, not which grapes are used for champagne.

I got 15.

Waldo, did you miss all of them before or after taste-testing the product of your hobby/obsession?

Thank You for completing the Wine Basics Quiz.
You scored 15 out of 20.
Congratulations! You are more wine savvy than you thought.
Really?

I got 17 correct too. I like how this quiz covers more semi-technical matters of making wine - as opposed to "at an improperly high temperature, an un-oaked chardonnay will smell of ___ and taste more ____ than at 55-60*F" I'm just not that snobby - yet!
smiley36.gif

I disagree with some of these questions. 2.5 lbs of grapes to make one gallon??? I dont think so!!! I got 13. As for the Champagne question I got that right as Ive done a lot of reading on that but also know that is only for very high priced Champagnes and that most cheaper bottles on the shelf are not these types or actually a blend of one of these listed and some other not listed as most Champagne is made from inferior wines due to the carbonation hiding many flaws and making a bad wine taste decent or even good.

Wade said:
I disagree with some of these questions. 2.5 lbs of grapes to make one gallon??? I dont think so!!! I got 13. As for the Champagne question I got that right as Ive done a lot of reading on that but also know that is only for very high priced Champagnes and that most cheaper bottles on the shelf are not these types or actually a blend of one of these listed and some other not listed as most Champagne is made from inferior wines due to the carbonation hiding many flaws and making a bad wine taste decent or even good.

Wade, I think were probably going thourgh the test too fast and you misread the question. It was how many pounds of grapes to make a 750 ml bottle of wine. I think 2.5 is about right which would translate to about 12.5 per gallon.

Back