Wine pump and degasser

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wade,

check your yellow pages for (DME) Durable Medical Equipment companies. You might be able to get one at cost to the company if you grease the salesman with a couple bottles of wine. You would ask if they sold portable suction units, and that should get you some quotes. If you can find a DME Co. that does respiratory supplies you might be able to get one that way.

Hehe, yes, medicinal purpose! I just put an offer in on a unit with no jar so we'll see how it goes.

Well, they wanted $149.00 and i got them down to $115 for a heavy duty model.

I bought this off Ebay, its a vacuum pump and will not introduce air
into your wine as 1 of those pumps will do on that site. Those are good
for pumping large quantities of wine. Unlike those pumps, with these pumps you can rack, degas and filter, with those you can only rack and maybe filter. These are much gentler on your wine. Now I just need the reservoir jar which i just put a message in for.
Its a heavy duty CPI Contemporary # 6260
20081221_202016_pump.JPG

Edited by: wade

Was that used? Looks nice. CONGRATS and let me know how it works. I'm looking into getting one, but the wife would
smiley18.gif
at this point in time. I tried racking through a filter with a small shop vac and it caved in my Better Bottles. I guess I'll have to get some glass carboys and bulk age in the Better Bottles after I get 1 of these pumps.

offer a local paramedic a bottle and they will hook you up with reservoir and tubing. us medics are suckers for alcohol

Says it was used for very short period of time, manufactured in 06, bought in 07 and used for a approx. 4 months No liquids come in contact with anything on these so it doesnt matter.

Rich, when vacuum racking what do you adjust the pressure down to when racking out of carboy, wouldnt want to implode 1! My pump also says 22" of vacuum but I dont think that would be great for an almost empty carboy.

That should work for you Wade. Maybe Smurfe could hook you up with a jar. When I transfer, it will start drawing with about 5 inches vacuum. No need to go any higher than you need. I do bump that up to about 10 when it gets going, but don't see a big difference in rates between the two.

Seller said he only had it a few months, but didn't know its age. I guess he bought it from someone else

His email to me was this:

<a href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMichael%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml" target="_blank"><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
{font-family:"Cambria Math";
panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;
mso-font-charset:1;
mso-generic-font-family:roman;
mso-font-at:eek:ther;
mso-font-pitch:variable;
mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;}
@font-face
{font-family:Calibri;
panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;
mso-font-charset:0;
mso-generic-font-family:swiss;
mso-font-pitch:variable;
mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.Msonormal, li.Msonormal, div.Msonormal
{mso-style-unhide:no;
mso-style-qat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
margin:0in;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;
mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;}
.MsoChpDefault
{mso-style-:ex-only;
mso-default-props:yes;
font-size:10.0pt;
mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;}
@page Section1
{size:8.5in 11.0in;
margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;
mso-er-margin:.5in;
mso-footer-margin:.5in;
mso-paper-source:0;}
div.Section1
{page:Section1;}
-->
<!--[if gte mso 10]>
<>
/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

<![endif]-->

</a><a href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMichael%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml" target="_blank">I do not know how old this is. We've only had it a couple months.
It might be new, I really don't know. It both looks and works great, however.
I'll get it into the mail to you by tomorrow. Thanks for your prompt payment!</span>
</a><a href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMichael%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml" target="_blank">Can't wait to get my after Christmas gift.................
</a><a href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMichael%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml" target="_blank">
</span></a>

<a href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMichael%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml" target="_blank">

</a>Edited by: gaudet

I looked at it on Ebay and not knowing enough about them I opted for the big one although Im sure it will work very well. Looks like a beautiful unit. I had put in a bunch of messages to people with these pumps especially the 2 like Rich has and both of them messaged me today saying I wouldnt be able to buy the Schuco models so Im glad i went my route. Let me know when you get it how much horse yours is and how it works so that we'll know for other people interested.

Specs found on precisionmedical site

<table ="products" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="100%"><t><tr><td ="ing">
easyvac.jpg
</td>

</tr>
<tr><td></td></tr>
<tr>
<td>

<table ="specifications" width="100%" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" height="100%">
<t><tr><td colspan="2" ="toping">Specifications</td></tr>
<tr>
<td ="sub">Dimensions</td>
<td ="sub">

Length 13 1/4" (33.7 cm), Width 8" (20.3 cm), Height 9 3/4" (24.8 cm)</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td ="sub">Weight</td>
<td ="sub">

12.6 lbs. (5.7 kg)</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td ="sub">Shipping Weight</td>
<td ="sub">

14.5 lbs. (6.6 kg)</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td ="sub">Motor</td>
<td ="sub">

120 VAC, 60Hz, 5 Amps</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td ="sub">Vacuum Range</td>
<td ="sub">

0-26 inHg</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td ="sub">Horsepower</td>
<td ="sub">

1/5</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td ="sub">Operating Temperature Range</td>
<td ="sub">

50°F to 104°F (10°C to 40°C)</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td ="sub">Storage Conditions</td>
<td ="sub">

Temperature: -4°F to 104°F (-20°C to 40°C)
Humidity: Max 95% non-condensing</td></tr></t></table></td></tr></t></table>

The only thing that I can find out about mine is that it is heavy duty and designed or Hospitals.
<div ="pad1"> <h1 ="bd">Heavy Duty Aspirator - 18" And 6' Suction Tubes And 800cc Canister, 1 unit</h1> More From Contemporary Products Inc.
Item # K0340
Manufacturer # 6260
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <t><tr> <td rowspan="2" valign="top" width="125"> <div ="pad2" style="clear: both;" align="center"> see larger image </td> <td valign="top"> <h3>Our Price: $374.22</h3> List Price: $534.60
On Sale! 30% Off</span>

Usually ships in 24 hours</td> </tr> <tr> </tr></t></table> <div style="padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px;">
<a name="Top"></a> <table width="400" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <t><tr> <td ="bline" width="10"></td> <td ="atab" width="120">Product Details</td> <td ="bline" width="10"></td> <td ="bline" width="120">
</td> <td ="bline" width="10"></td> <td ="bline" width="120">
</td> <td ="bline" width="25"></td> </tr> </t></table> <ul><li style="list-style-: url(http://s.iMed.com/Global/toc_bullet.gif);">Description[/list] <h3>Description:<a name="Deion"></a></h3> <hr size="1" width="350" align="left" noshade="noshade"> <div ="pad4">[*]Vibration-free, easy-to-read regulator gauge provides accurate readings.[*]Quick-connect tubing for all connections[*]Thermal protected motor helps prevent pump damage.[*]Permanent lubrication for long-term maintenance-free operation.[*]High-impact plastic base eliminates corrosion and reduces noise. [*]Sealed, water-tight on/off switch[*]Adjustable vacuum range up to 22" of mercury.[*]Plastic holder accommodates most brands of canisters.[*]Disposable canister with float valve precludes overflow
Edited by: wade

So does this mean everyone is tired of brake bleeders? Heck, this is the only exercise I get nowadays. I'm strengthening my grip. But given my effort to minimize physical exertion, perhaps I should give this a try. Edited by: dfwwino

I looked too, and couldn't find any more info either. I'd guess that you have a 1/5 hp unit coming your way. Take it from me, a respiratory therapist, these things really suck.................
smiley1.gif

And I mean that in a positive way

Hey gaudet,..... Why didn't you tell us about the pump before you won it???
smiley36.gif

Looks nice, I hope it really sucks.
smiley15.gif
(I mean has good vacume.)

Latest posts

Back