Wine press Us Defunct? Or my computer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one comparison i will speak about is that here..i do not get silly pm's from a moderator telling me my opinion on something is less valid than the next fellows..or more laughable that a get a silly pm from an authority telling me my signature does not conform when their own moderators had the same issue

at this place, i have been left alone....not as treated as an interloper...and it is why i actually do purchase things from George even when shipping from texas to nh is an issue....i owe something back.....speaking of which i finally pulled the trigger of a racking machine/filter the Buon Vino Super duper thing he sells...went out the door the day after i bought it...should be racking and filtering this weekend

is the other site a GREAT site? YES!!!!!!!!!!

is it a great concept????? YES!!!!!!!!!

is there a ton of info??? YES!!!!!!

however sometimes what seems like less is actually more

petty people turn me off...it got sort of martyr like w some of the mods and the owner over there.....and everyone is free to do in *their* sandbox as they see fit so its up to me to decide if i want to stay in that environment...i decided i did not need to...i am just one of those who don't bend over nor do i believe that a person should be made to feel obligated...i have never ever seen a moderator here grumble to anyone about how much they help others on the website....never...at the other place i did.....

anyways..speaking of my participation here....i am nearing a problem..and maybe Rich or Wade you will have a word to help me in my decision...my winery/vineyard is soon to sell its first bottle....and i have a problem...its a moral dilemna....how do i particpate here via George's good graces and keep my sig as it is and my home vneyard topic.....i have mulled this over for a while now and knew i would have to police myself because its just not right to infringe in any way on George's place even though it would be unintentional.....its wrong to use this place as an advertisement for me and essentially once i open the doors to the public that is what would happen by default

so as much as i don't want to close that vineyard topic, i see that must do so soon and probably disassemble my sig as well

Al,

I have not issue whatsoever with your signature containing your winery name. I want your winery to succeed. Please do not change your signature and let me know if I can help in any way. GOOD LUCK!

Al I will be in the same boat eventually since I will be commercial. While it is true we have our topics in the home vineyard section, it is because that is all that is there and not an all inclusiveVineyard section. Don't worry about it. As George says, he welcomes you and others like you to help contribute to this site.

Al, I throughly enjoy reading your post and gain from each. To me it is a part of the process of learning home wine making to see the possible end result if I had a greater life expectancy, as well as more land than my 6inch flower pot.

The way i feel about the situation for Al and Rich is that they contribute enormously to the one part of the forum that many fall short in with everyone trying to grow their own. There are a few people here that grow their own and lots of people that want to and the 2 of you are IMO the pros. Besides, even if you do sell a few of us a few bottles we all still want t make our own and probably even grow our own after trying yours and since George sells equipment and supplies for us to do this he still reaps the benefits from this venture. Now if you 2 start elling wine kits or supplies or even equipment well then that would be a different story!!!!!1
As far as Winepress goes. I dont mind when others have a different way of doung something as there is more then 1 way to skin a cat so to say but I dont like being told Im wrong unless I really am and yes Ive been wrong before but usually Im right to with just a different way of doing something which some will try and love and sme are just stuc in their old ways or its just common practice fpr them.

well first of all George, you are way to kind...your place here is ALL that Rich told me it would be when he sent me the link to this forum...i just want do the right thing by you as you have done to me and others

Thanks for your comments Wade , i guess you are right....and thank you to the others who commented.

It sounds like many of you won't care, but winepress.us is back up this morning.

I needed to upgrade my bookmark, sign in, and wander around the new software.

PS...want to echo my thanks to George for this forum, even though I am unlikely to ever be a customer. But, if I ever visit Texas, a visit will definitely be on my to-do list.

Steve

Thanks for the heads up Steve. I had checked earlier this AM and it wasn't there then. Man it surely does look different. It looks like they have a lot of work ahead yet, but at least it is working for them.

Al, Rich, Don't you guys go leaving this site. I am going to need a lot of help with my vineyard and grape growing project this year and without your knowledge it would surely be doomed to failure. Having you guys around gives me that added cofidence to succeed.

BOB

geocorn said:
Al,

I have not issue whatsoever with your signature containing your winery name. I want your winery to succeed. Please do not change your signature and let me know if I can help in any way. GOOD LUCK!

I think you'll have to buy a bottle from Al, George.

Hopefully I'll someday be able to order one of your wines too but current laws prohibit shipping in my state.
I'm still tossing around the idea of starting my own vineyard. Been doing research and market research all the while learning more and more about wine and the vines they come from.
Al, I've been following your winery progress and it impresses and inspires me.

As for the Winepress forum, it's a great concept. I've checked it out but I feel more "at home" here and one other place with basically all the same people from here.
This forum is pretty much always up and friendly. Plus having the catalog button so close is handy. (Saw my order just shipped out by the way).

Down again....................................................................................................................................................

smiley36.gif
Anyone want to place a bet for tomorrow?

Latest posts

Back