Wine press Us Defunct? Or my computer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcnoren

Reaction score
I enjoy learning about wine making via a varriety of wine forms. Of late I can not get wine press . us to load. So I am uncertain if it is my computer or if they are defunct.

JC

I believe they have been doing some site maintenance. I had no trouble this week or last night.
VC

I am a member there but dont frequent much at all. They are down though cause I am watching a thread there of how they are putting down all other forums. Boy they can be so arrogant there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wade said:
I am a member there but dont frequent much at all. They are down though cause I am watching a thread there of how they are putting down all other forums. Boy they can be so arrogant there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wade:

Perhaps you can send me a link to that thread when they come back up. I have never noticed negative comments about other forums.

Thanks, Steve

Will do! It was something like we missed you where they were all crying about the forum being down and that they strayed to other forums and then laughed at the advice given there and then shut their computers off. It should be a hot topic again soce the site is down again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh boy what i could say...but the old saying is less is more

suffice it to say....Rich told me about FVW..said it was the friendliest place around...

a few less self indulgent ego's online
overall a great site and concept and MANY MANY great participants....i just cant take their 'you owe me matyr-like attitude'

wine was here before them and will be after them (and us)

I think they must have been hijacked this time. You click on them and a Facebook Login screen appears. That happens both with the website and forum. Very strange.

Looks like a redirect to their facebook page that says the server is being upgraded and they hope to have it finished by Christmas Eve. They even suggest you make more wine while waiting for them to get up and operating. While I don't spend too much time over on W/P, I do think making more wine is a great idea.
VC

Goodfella said:
Jeff D said:
This is hand's down the most friendly wine site.

I HATE ALL OF YOU!!! J/K

smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

I don't have a facebook account either, but it did let me read some of the info. If any of us gets desperate enough for more info I can get my hubby to become a friend or whatever it is you can do to find out more. I just read that forum to get ideas or to verify something, still hope they are able to get everything up and going I would hate to see anyone lose their community.
VC

I am a member of this forum and the WinePress.us forum and find that I like both forums. WinePress is still down today, they must be having major server problems.

What I do not like about the WinePress Kit forum is how just a few very inexperienced winemakers have become the major voices there, giving advice that really is wrong and misguided. Several individuals who have just started making wine in the past year now have over 1,000 postings. They have not even tasted most of the wines they have made yet are now giving detailed expert advice on all aspects of winemaking.

What I do like about this forum is that the major emphasis of the forum is for kit makers. I love the forums that deal with the major wine kit makers.

Being a winemaker for a little less then one year now, I have found the advice and help on the Fine Vine Wines forum to be excellent. I have been busy this year making 37 wine kits.

I have never been one to post a lot, but I check both forums everyday and do really enjoy reading and learning from everyone.

Robert

Back