Wine on a tight budget

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
I am going to start another 2 batches of the cocentrates probably
tomorrow. One is a Dole Orange, Strawberry, Banana and the other
is the Welches Concord Grape. Both will be 3 gallon batches.

Well,,if I had drank ash much wine ashh you did taday Jhone it would prolly "sond" good to me too
smiley36.gif

Just know...you're fair game now!
smiley2.gif

And disregard the "Edited by..." thing. Pay no attention to the man behund the curtain!

Okay so I could'nt wait. Is there a forum for Winemakers Anonymous.
smiley36.gif

I added 2 lbs. of honey to the Welches Concord so I guess that's now a
melomel. Tha Dole Orange, Strawberry, Banana was so godd I could'nt
resist snagging a gulp. I brought both bathes to a starting SG of 1.083.

Wade,

Keep us posted on the wines. I'm at a point in my career were high dollar kits are out of the question and low cost alternative country wines are the best I can do.

Have you tried the welches (walmart brand works too) white grape/peach? This has become my FAVORITE wine so far, and very cheap! I used 10 each 1/2 gallon Walmart white grape/peach and added 4 cans of Welches frozen concentrate. The peach flavor and noseis like fresh peaches! Out of the 30 bottles, I'm down to 4 bottles after drinking and giving it out to friends.

Another option that is reasonably cheap is the Oregon canned fruit wines! Walmart carries them as well as my on base commisary (I'm military). I've made blackberry and plum from these canned fruit. The blackberry was a port and I've not tried it yet and the plum is in the carboy as we speak.

I've learned that you don't have to put out a fortune to make a very drinkable country wine. Some are so good you don't want to share
smiley2.gif
.Edited by: pkcook

Thanks for the info. You know I have a Walmart down the road and shop
there often but never even thought of looking for these. Its not a
super Walmart but it does have a little freezer section so I'm sure
they'll have the frozen concentrates.

The Wally World near my home is a super wally and it has everything. I am making most of my country wine from concentrate these days. The raspberry, concord, and cherry that I've done recently have been done by concentrate.

I picked up 5 gals of whitegrape/blueberry/kiwi juice,4 white grape frozen concentration tubes, 1 gal of spring water, and 2 bananas tonite. Just ordered the other stuff I need from George. Going to start this this week sometime.

pkcook said:
Another option that is reasonably cheap is the Oregon canned fruit wines! Walmart carries them as well as my on base commisary (I'm military). I've made blackberry and plum from these canned fruit. The blackberry was a port and I've not tried it yet and the plum is in the carboy as we speak.

pkcook, do you mean that Walmart carries the Oregon purees? Never thought to look there....
smiley3.gif

I think they carry the Oregon fruit in cans, the ones you would top a cheesecake with.

Looks great....what's cookin'...???
Got to look at that fruit stuff at Super Wally....would be interesting to throw some puree in with some apple wine.
Some friends went wine tasting and liked some apple/blueberry....they ordered a gallon blueberry puree and added it to their apple....will be interesting to see how it turns out....

Those are the two I started the other day. I'm having a lot of problems
posting pictures all the sudden even though they're small enough. They
were resized using the Microsoft program that Masta posted which works
great. Anyone got any ideas. One of them that I cant post even by
itself is 53.7 kb's.

Latest posts

Back